FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Web access
Web access
Iniciado por Piet van Zanten, 02,abr. 2005 13:23 - 6 respuestas
Publicado el 02,abril 2005 - 13:23
Hello,
I would like to extend one of my applications with a simple web functionality:
Students should be able to add some documents into a personal directory, via the internet browser. The usernames, passwords and personal directories are created by my application. Since I'm spoiled using Windev, I don't want to put too much effort in learning (more) of HTML, PHP, Java etc. Buying Webdev is a bit too expensive, for just this one occasion. Does anyone know of a not too expensive tool or utility for this purpose? Or is there a way to do this in Windev (8 or 9)?
Regards,
Piet
Publicado el 02,abril 2005 - 22:44
Piet,
Have a look at the following : http://sourceforge.net/projects/wdscript/
Regards,
Val
Hello,
Publicado el 03,abril 2005 - 23:03
Piet,
an easy to use opensouce solution for schools is site@school.
This is a PHP based site, with a connection with MySql.
Look at http://siteatschool.sourceforge.net/
greetings,
Joop van der Linden
Hello,
Students should be able to add some documents into a personal directory, via the internet browser. The usernames, passwords and personal directories are created by my application. Since I'm spoiled using Windev, I don't want to put too much effort in learning (more) of HTML, PHP, Java etc. Buying Webdev is a bit too expensive, for just this one occasion. Does anyone know of a not too expensive tool or utility for this purpose? Or is there a way to do this in Windev (8 or 9)?
Regards,
Piet
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 10:55
Hello,
Regards,
Piet

Piet
Maybe I'm being a bit thick but I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. When you say you want to add some "documents" to a personal directory, are you meaning web pages or downloadable documents from the web?
One of my applications depends upon saving web pages. For some pages, I have an HTML control with navigation buttons added, and in my case initially primed for a particular home page. Users can navigate to the page they want and then I simply use the WD commands of HTTPRequest and HTTPGetResult to store the page in a file. In my case, I go on to parse the file and in some cases follow up links to retrieve new or dependent pages. Any FTP stuff can be downloaded with the WD FTP commands. (There are also places where I work behind the scenes, using the WinDev HTTP commands to retrieve pages which the user does not see on the screen.)
I must admit it took me a while to work this out but having done so, I realised how simple WinDev actually makes this process (as I have discovered with so many other features of WinDev).
I don't know whether this is what you're trying to achieve or something different. Anyway if it helps, glad to be of assistance.
Chris L
Melbourne, Oz
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 14:21
Hi Chris,
I want students to be able to upload files to a personal directory (maintain a portfolio) on the school's webserver, from anywhere (e.g. at home). I don't want them to have to install any (Windev) program.
Regards,
Piet
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 14:22
Hi Val,
This look very interesting, thanks,
Piet
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 14:23
Hi Joop,
Looks interesting, thanks,
Piet.