PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → queries and multi-tables (files)
queries and multi-tables (files)
Iniciado por DT, 04,abr. 2005 21:44 - 3 respuestas
Publicado el 04,abril 2005 - 21:44
Hi All
Following my recent posts with Mat and his subsequent replies to others on the subject I have been wary of defining queries with more than one table (file).
Obviously Mat has done quite a bit of research and testing in this area so I am more than happy to accept his conclusions.
What I am now wondering is if the same performance issues arise, in a network environment, if I use the Multi-File option for selecting columns (fields)in a table when using HF.
Your comments, observations appreciated as always.
Regards
DerekT
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 13:16
Hi All
Following my recent posts with Mat and his subsequent replies to others on the subject I have been wary of defining queries with more than one table (file).
Obviously Mat has done quite a bit of research and testing in this area so I am more than happy to accept his conclusions.
What I am now wondering is if the same performance issues arise, in a network environment, if I use the Multi-File option for selecting columns (fields)in a table when using HF.
Your comments, observations appreciated as always.
Regards
DerekT

Hi Derek,
I have never seen any comments about that. Best you test it yourself, takes only a few minutes to set it up:
On the first line of the global declarations of the window:
vStarttime is time
On the last line of the intialization of the window
info(TimeDifference(vStartTime,TimeSys))
To test performance, chose one or several fields linked directly to the data source and in another round to multiple files.
Regards
Mat
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 13:58
Look for ProfilerStart in the help. This is a great tool to analyze performance.
Regards, Piet
Publicado el 05,abril 2005 - 14:16
Look for ProfilerStart in the help. This is a great tool to analyze performance.
Regards, Piet

I use this for fine tuning but not measuring overall performance for opening a window.
Regards
Mat