PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → iOS |  How to exchange data with an IOS APP on iPad with newest OS ?
iOS | How to exchange data with an IOS APP on iPad with newest OS ?
Iniciado por Bertrand, 02,nov. 2015 09:19 - 2 respuestas
Publicado el 02,noviembre 2015 - 09:19
Hi,
I have developed a WinDEV application based an Windows. The application is for service technicians.
They will use modules of the Windows application to create the service documents on iPADs.
So I created the App for the iPad with WindevMobile 20 and - after days of tests, frustrations - I was able to generate the iPad APP with XCode. As a member of the Apple Developer Network I have installed it directly to the iPad (they are registered devices).
The App runs correctly on the IPad, but I have a very big problem with the exchange of the data.

The technicians must get data from the dispatchers, when they are on tour in Germany and Denmark. So I thought, the could exchange them with iCloud or dropbox. In the iCloud I pushed the data for service in directories. Thats runs, no problem.
But how could I take them to the iPad ?
But how could I get them of the iPad ?
Where are my files on the iPad (I set them in the generation of the WindeV Mobile to .. documents) ?
Is there a utility on the iPad, where the data tables could be seen and copied ?
Or is there an other way to exchange data tables with an iPad ?

I´m very grateful for any tip.

With Regards
Bertrand
Miembro registrado
102 mensajes
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Publicado el 10,noviembre 2015 - 13:30
Bertrand,

how about using FTP on this? You could connect to a FTP server and download the files to a local dir on the iPad. This works both ways, so the results could be uploaded to the FTP server as well.

Another idea is to use HFSQL in C/S mode. You don't have to set up a webservice, you just need a server with HFSQL that is reachable via Internet.

I did this for an android app and it works great.

HTH
Sebastian

--
http://arnoldconsult.de
WinDev 20 with Oracle, WinDevMobile Android Apps and Motorola Windows CE Mobile Barcode Scanners, Python 3 with Oracle and MySQL
Publicado el 10,noviembre 2015 - 16:56
Hi Sebastian,

thank you for your tips.
My tests in the last days have the result(s), that on an iPad you have allways only a logical directory based on the App which is installed. In my case its allways another directory after every update. I.e. /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/1SD042D9 ....AB5EE4/Documents.
/Documents follows the Windev Mobile definition when you start the generation of the app.
A Container is installed on an iPad for every application.
That can be shown with fdatadir() . But you cannot have access to this path with any tool.

I tested with icloud, but icloud does not exchange data with my application. It even don´t show a .ZIP file,
which is copied with a windows PC.

It seems, that Apple wants to forbid any access to any data, which don´t comes with iTunes.
It´s frustrating.

I will test your tip with a little project using HFSQL C/S an a server with access through the web.

But then the App only runs, when there is a connection to the web. Then it could be a better way, to use the citrix client to have access to the main program.

I will test ...
Bertrand