PC SOFT

GRUPOS DE DISCUSSÃO PROFISSIONAL
WINDEVWEBDEV e WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Print Preview w/o Default Printer
Print Preview w/o Default Printer
Iniciado por M. Beaven, fev., 06 2004 7:29 AM - 3 respostas
Publicado em fevereiro, 06 2004 - 7:29 AM
Hello all,
I recently ran into an issue when attempting to preview reports to screen. On a workstation where there is no default printer defined, I receive a "printer failed to initialize" error and cannot successfully preview to screen.
Is there a way to allow screen print previewing w/o an installed printer?
Thanks,
Marc
Publicado em fevereiro, 06 2004 - 7:46 AM
Hello all,
I recently ran into an issue when attempting to preview reports to screen. On a workstation where there is no default printer defined, I receive a "printer failed to initialize" error and cannot successfully preview to screen.
Thanks,
Marc

Just a WAG, set to print to text file? Reminds me of an old Clarion problem.
Publicado em fevereiro, 06 2004 - 10:00 AM
Hi,
creating a preview needs first an Printer Device Context to get/build a preview similiar to the later print. If there is no printer which DC should the app use to create the preview?
Art, I don't thing that this is typical Clarion problem.
Raimund
Hello all,
Thanks,
Marc

http://www.invitec.com
Publicado em fevereiro, 06 2004 - 3:54 PM
Raimund,
I understand what you are saying about needing a Device Context. This only became apparent when demonstrating an application on my detached laptop (default printer was obviously offline), but I could see that it may possibly be a problem on some detached workstations (point of sale?) where a print to screen is all that is necessary. The biggest problem is that after attempting to preview, there is a long delay while Windev tries to initialize the DC before generating the error. If this error was after trying to send the job to output (or paper), no problem, but it is before displaing the preview at all.

IS there any DC that one could recommend to install by default to prevent the entire preview from occurring?
Thanks,
Marc

Hi,
creating a preview needs first an Printer Device Context to get/build a preview similiar to the later print. If there is no printer which DC should the app use to create the preview?
Raimund
Hello all,
Thanks,
Marc

Hi,
Raimund
Hello all,
Thanks,
Marc