PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → WDSETUP8.EXE ?
WDSETUP8.EXE ?
Started by Guenter Predl, Jun., 08 2004 10:33 AM - 4 replies
Posted on June, 08 2004 - 10:33 AM
During making a simple CD-Setup with 'Project..Create executable setup procedure' the program constantly stops with this window. Has anybody seen that before? What does it mean, what's missing? I think, I have to re-install WD8 this time ..
Posted on June, 08 2004 - 6:13 PM
I've never seen that one before. Does it come during the creation of the install or when you try and install it on client machine? I've tried to recreate it here by renaming WD80com.dll, but I get a warning message when I try to open the Project that it's missing...
The 'WD80COM.DLL' DLL (Communication functions) is used by the 'CICTrack' project. This DLL is not installed on this workstation. Features implemented by this DLL will not operate.
... long before creation of the install.
I have also found out that if you check the box to install the WDRPCServer, the install program will error out with a "Can't find WDServerRPC.EXE" message. And if I change the WDRPCServer.exe name to WDServerRPC.exe the install program works just fine (but I don't know yet if the renamed WDRPCServer program works once it's installed). I have informed PCS of this already, hope to see it fixed in Gold.
Posted on June, 08 2004 - 7:59 PM
Hi Art,
it happens during creation of the setup. Thought to use that new feature for patching existing installations instead of redistributing them, clicked that and forgot it. This click made the problem. When I switched back to not using patches it worked fine as usual.
Setup is still a mess. I fully translated WDSETUP8 to German, took me some days but I got some deep insights. One of these was that even the English translation is not yet fully done, moreover, the translator has damaged the code during translation. Note: Not all quoted strings are to be translated.
Thanks for caring!
Guenter
I've never seen that one before. Does it come during the creation of the install or when you try and install it on client machine? I've tried to recreate it here by renaming WD80com.dll, but I get a warning message when I try to open the Project that it's missing...
The 'WD80COM.DLL' DLL (Communication functions) is used by the 'CICTrack' project. This DLL is not installed on this workstation. Features implemented by this DLL will not operate.
I have also found out that if you check the box to install the WDRPCServer, the install program will error out with a "Can't find WDServerRPC.EXE" message. And if I change the WDRPCServer.exe name to WDServerRPC.exe the install program works just fine (but I don't know yet if the renamed WDRPCServer program works once it's installed). I have informed PCS of this already, hope to see it fixed in Gold.
Posted on June, 10 2004 - 12:40 PM
hi Guenter,
This is in for a fix in the next release (they promised!)
Don't load anything outside normal dist files for the moment, then if this happens delete the existing install spec file and start again, and again, and again.
Gill
Hi Art,
it happens during creation of the setup. Thought to use that new feature for patching existing installations instead of redistributing them, clicked that and forgot it. This click made the problem. When I switched back to not using patches it worked fine as usual.
Setup is still a mess. I fully translated WDSETUP8 to German, took me some days but I got some deep insights. One of these was that even the English translation is not yet fully done, moreover, the translator has damaged the code during translation. Note: Not all quoted strings are to be translated.
Thanks for caring!
Guenter
Posted on June, 11 2004 - 8:39 PM
Hi Gill,
once again - thank you!
Guenter
hi Guenter,
This is in for a fix in the next release (they promised!)
Don't load anything outside normal dist files for the moment, then if this happens delete the existing install spec file and start again, and again, and again.
Gill
Hi Art,
Thanks for caring!
Guenter