PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Webdev
Webdev
Started by Martin Brekhof, Jun., 24 2004 9:23 AM - 5 replies
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 9:23 AM
Is there a special forum concerning WebDev? If not what is the reason there are so little messages about WebDev?
regards,
Martin
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 11:09 AM
Hello Martin,
at this time WebDev 7 is only avilable as French version. That implies that only developers with French skill are able to use WebDev.
HTH
Raimund
Is there a special forum concerning WebDev? If not what is the reason there are so little messages about WebDev?
regards,
Martin

http://www.invitec.com
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 2:18 PM
Martin
WinDev 7.5 and real soon 8.0 is also avaliable in english. Checkout www.windevus.com. WinDev is not widely known in the United States, even though it is one of the best development tools avaliable. It is a French company called PCSOFT. They are just now going into the U S market. This is a really good forum in that you will usually get an answer to your problem. It may not be that active yet, but bottom line is you get the help you need. I only have the demo version, but have ordered the full version. Should get it soon. I have been using VB6 for the last 5 years. I can get a lot more done with WinDev and a lot faster, and I do not have to get a lot of 3rd party componets either. WinDev is faster than VB and has its own database file format called Hyper File, but it can access any datafile out there. This forum will really grow. WinDevUS has a forum also, but is not as active as this one. But it will be active soon also I would think. Hope this helps.
John Marrone

regards,
Martin
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 3:23 PM
G'day John
That wasn't a spelling mistake in Martin's query.
Windev and Webdev are 2 separate products from PCSoft.
WebDev is a specific WEB Development product that has not been translated into English and that is why there is very little discussion on this predominantly English language forum.
I don't want to dampen your enthusiasim, everything else you wrote about Windev was correct and I know you meant well but you are a bit off the mark when you write in relation to this forum that "It may not be that active yet" ??
Please check out the archive to see how "inactive" this forum is and you will see the first archive is dated April 2000 and there are thousands of posts since then.
Regards
Al
Posted on June, 24 2004 - 11:08 PM
Hi Al
You are absolutly right. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks for your post so Martin is not mislead. But I would bet WebDev is just as good as WinDev. And Art is right. Universalthread.com is a forum on Visual FoxPro, Visual Basic, VB.net. It gets 100 - 150 or more post an hour. You have help in minutes. This is a very find forum and I have always got help when I needed it. I in no way
took your post as anything other than correcting a mistake. Thanks for being on the forum to catch it. Hope you can help me out one day. I know I am going to have more hurdles to jump before I know WinDev as good as I know VB6. I can do things in WinDev at least 5 times faster than in VB6. I can't believe it. And the IDE is really great. Have a good day.
John Marrone
G'day John
That wasn't a spelling mistake in Martin's query.
Windev and Webdev are 2 separate products from PCSoft.
WebDev is a specific WEB Development product that has not been translated into English and that is why there is very little discussion on this predominantly English language forum.
I don't want to dampen your enthusiasim, everything else you wrote about Windev was correct and I know you meant well but you are a bit off the mark when you write in relation to this forum that "It may not be that active yet" ??
Please check out the archive to see how "inactive" this forum is and you will see the first archive is dated April 2000 and there are thousands of posts since then.
Regards
Al
Posted on July, 13 2004 - 11:07 PM
Hello Martin,
at this time WebDev 7 is only avilable as French version. That implies that
only developers with French skill are able to use WebDev.

Ok that means that I have to find somebody to translate the manual(s) if the demo-version is any good. Basically I was hoping that somebody would tell me that they use the product and that it is as good as the brochure promises.
regards,
Martin