PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → date
date
Started by Teun van Unen, Oct., 27 2004 5:31 PM - 4 replies
Posted on October, 27 2004 - 5:31 PM
Hello you all,
I spend again some time trying to develop in WinDev and it's amazing I have a problem. Ok, I know that's my problem, but I won't keep it that way.
The explanation of the situation :
I have 2 files and have this problem with both files.
There are some fields defined as Date. At the input-window it works fine : I can type the date and it is displayed right. But when I came back to the browse table form the date is displayed in a strange format : e.g. date 25/10/2004 (european format) shows in the table 20/41/____ . I have looked to definitions, but all are defined as date DD/MM/YYYY. What am I doing wrong. Yes, I know I make a mistake, but what, where !!??
TIA for your info and suggestions. Teun.
Posted on October, 27 2004 - 5:38 PM
G'day Teun
On the general tab of the table for that column set the returned value of the mask to yyyymmdd. At the moment on yours it is either blank or "AsIs"
Regards
Al
Posted on October, 27 2004 - 5:55 PM
G'day Teun
On the general tab of the table for that column set the returned value of the mask to yyyymmdd. At the moment on yours it is either blank or "AsIs"
Regards
Al

This shows again how usefull this forum is : it's a great and very fast response. Thanks, Al, it is now working 100% correct .
Teun.
Posted on October, 27 2004 - 6:31 PM
Hello you all,
I spend again some time trying to develop in WinDev and it's amazing I have a problem. Ok, I know that's my problem, but I won't keep it that way.
There are some fields defined as Date. At the input-window it works fine : I can type the date and it is displayed right. But when I came back to the browse table form the date is displayed in a strange format : e.g. date 25/10/2004 (european format) shows in the table 20/41/____ . I have looked to definitions, but all are defined as date DD/MM/YYYY. What am I doing wrong. Yes, I know I make a mistake, but what, where !!??

Teun
This is something that has driven me mad for a long while. I discovered Al's solution after much frustration and considerable trial and error (with plenty of both!). I think this works most of the time, maybe all the time, though I typically forget when I first set up the date in a table. Perhaps there's a logical reason why this should be so but if so, I haven't seen it yet. If this is the way it needs to be, why doesn't it default to 'yyyymmdd'?
Cheers
Chris L
Melbourne, Oz
Posted on October, 27 2004 - 6:51 PM
Hello you all,
Teun

This is something that has driven me mad for a long while. I discovered Al's solution after much frustration and considerable trial and error (with plenty of both!). I think this works most of the time, maybe all the time, though I typically forget when I first set up the date in a table. Perhaps there's a logical reason why this should be so but if so, I haven't seen it yet. If this is the way it needs to be, why doesn't it default to 'yyyymmdd'?
Cheers
Chris L
Melbourne, Oz

Chris,
I fully understand and agree with you. For example : with a time-field the 'returned value' has been filled automatically with 'HHMM', so why not with a date-field?? When it's not a bug I can't imagine the reason. Who else can ?
Regards, Teun.