PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Template
Template
Started by Hugues Noupieple, Jun., 23 2005 3:17 PM - 1 reply
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 3:17 PM
Hy,
How can I easily create my own windows template for my project.
I've follow the instruction on the help but the last stage doesnt work.(Export to Template).
I export the control windows style and the windows template in a new create tempate, but I can see it when creating a new window.
Thanks
Hugues
Posted on June, 23 2005 - 4:36 PM
Hy,
How can I easily create my own windows template for my project.
I've follow the instruction on the help but the last stage doesnt work.(Export to Template).
I export the control windows style and the windows template in a new create tempate, but I can see it when creating a new window.
Thanks
Hugues

Hi Hugues,
I did not yet test with WD9 but I'll do so soon.
With WD8, I found out that only changing an existing style will give good results. Dont create new ones. Recommended styles for change are those with an '8'.
Problem areas: there's a 'standard.sty' style in WinDev\programs\Data which will be used whenever there is no other style available. One would think, this was impossible, because, whenever a new project is started, we define the project's style. Whenever you add a button or an edit control, surprise, surprise, WinDev will use the 'standard.sty' instead of the chosen style.
Each WinDev project uses a style sheet. The style sheet should contain all of the styles used within a project and should enable you to rather choose a once made control style than re-inventing it over and over again. Building a new project on basis of a former one AND using a new style will surprisingly lead to inflationary multiplication of style items (buttons, edit controls ..)
If you change one of the styles (backup the original style directory before!) and you are changing font sizes, control dimensions etc. then you have to decide whether or not to change the standard.sty accordingly as well. If not, which is the most sensible decision (the least work too), from time to time you will have to change the style and size of single controls within your project. I just think, it's a bug in WD, but I dont know for sure.
For a successful change of one style you have to adapt all of the elements within that directory.
Regards,
Guenter