PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → wd8 - How to insert external file with variables in a project
wd8 - How to insert external file with variables in a project
Started by Gianni Spano, Sep., 04 2005 2:14 PM - 2 replies
Posted on September, 04 2005 - 2:14 PM
Hello to all
When i use my cobol IDE, there is a function (COPY or #INCLUDE), that allow me to insert an external file that contains some variables declared in it.
I use this external file to store GLOBAL variables used across the whole application and instead to declare every time i need them, i would "include" this external file, so the variables are available for the whole project.
Is it possible to do the same with Windev?
Tips and tricks are very appreciated.
Gianni
Posted on September, 04 2005 - 3:10 PM
Hi Gianni
Create a file with extension WL and include in your project code in the Initilization section.
EXTERN "MisVariables.WL"
Guillermo
Hello to all
When i use my cobol IDE, there is a function (COPY or #INCLUDE), that allow me to insert an external file that contains some variables declared in it.
I use this external file to store GLOBAL variables used across the whole application and instead to declare every time i need them, i would "include" this external file, so the variables are available for the whole project.
Gianni
Posted on September, 04 2005 - 4:16 PM
Hi Guillermo
Just discovered before read your response.
Thanks
Gianni

Hi Gianni
Create a file with extension WL and include in your project code in the Initilization section.
EXTERN "MisVariables.WL"
Guillermo
Hello to all
Gianni