PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Data Conversion Issues
Data Conversion Issues
Started by Scott Penrose, Dec., 26 2005 9:41 AM - 1 reply
Posted on December, 26 2005 - 9:41 AM
I am wanting to re-write an application that currently has its data in Xbase (dbf format). When I import the data in WinDev Analysis module using the data conversion option I end up with two issues, as per the following:

1. Text fields seem to be paded out with spaces. So if I have a text field that contains "Mary Mith" and in a WinDev Form I edit that field, I can not insert a character. In other words, if I locate my cuser before M in Mith and type S the edit control will not except input. I have to delete spaces after the word Mith and then I can so as above. Since the issue would not be acceptable to any user (having to do all those extra key strokes just to insert a character in the middle of existing text) I am stumped before I get off the blocks.

2. Logical Fields in XBase are imported all with a value of o or 1 - if I change the data type to Boolean in WinDev after importing then regardless of what value is in the field, a check box in a form is always shown as checked. Any ideas how I can navigate this issue?

Regards,
Scott
Posted on December, 27 2005 - 5:25 PM
Not to worry - laborious work around of exporting each table in the old database to Excel and Importing each to Windev works.