PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Using WDRPCServer
Using WDRPCServer
Iniciado por Mohammed Issah, 28,jun. 2005 17:44 - 3 respuestas
Publicado el 28,junio 2005 - 17:44
Hello, I am installing my application and would like to use the RPC server. I need to know how efficient and reliable it is. Any testimonials and/or experiences, pitfalls and gotcha's would be appreciated. Do you need to write a seperate program with the netstartserver command to start it or you can do so by putting the wdrpcserver link in the startup folder.
Thanks
issah
Publicado el 29,junio 2005 - 01:27
Hi issah
When I got WD8 this time last year it was the first feature I wanted to try out, and have been using it ever since
I have a WD client program which at the flick of a software switch can either read/write to a local HF or remotely to a HF on a distant server over ADSl or dial up-modem to dialup-modem. So long as the network is using the TCP protocol u dont have to worry about the mechanics of HTTP or UDP
U have to place the data files, analysis and the RPC server on the remote Server and a few HF dlls, (the example in the book tells all that is reqd) I initially used the default RPC server program, but u can make your own and enhance it over time as I did to better suit your needs
Once the remote server stuff is in place u need a line something like this

IF HConnectRemoteAccess("192.168.1.10", "ANONYMOUS", "ANONYMOUS","J:\Obj\WinDev\My Projects\RAS\RAS.wd8\RAS.wdd") = False THEN Error("Cannot open analysis on server"+CR+"Error triggered: "+HErrorInfo())
in the client program in the Project initialization section. U can c that it homes in on a unique IP address

Performance was good for what I needed, I just dont know how it would fair if 200 users accessed it at one time. There was one big letdown when I discovered that it couldnt handle graphics/blobs, everything else worked but I coudnt get it to work with pictures. This was bad news for me as the app I built was for property agents to display pictures of houses . Anyway PC SOFT consoled me by telling me that HF C/S would be my solution. So here I am beginning to play with WD9. I will have to see how it works out
HTH

http://www.objeKtive.com
Publicado el 29,junio 2005 - 01:59
Thanks for the response I have been able to get it up and connecting but have not been able to get it to work with user groupware. Have you been successful with it. Is the analysis file specified in the hconnectremoteaccess function the local analysis or the remote analysis.
I have been using MySQL extensively over the past few years and I a not too confortable using hyperfile especially with the type of clients I have. Can you give me "first look" of WD9 server and can it adequately replace a database server like MySQl.
Thanks
issah
Hi issah
When I got WD8 this time last year it was the first feature I wanted to try out, and have been using it ever since
I have a WD client program which at the flick of a software switch can either read/write to a local HF or remotely to a HF on a distant server over ADSl or dial up-modem to dialup-modem. So long as the network is using the TCP protocol u dont have to worry about the mechanics of HTTP or UDP
U have to place the data files, analysis and the RPC server on the remote Server and a few HF dlls, (the example in the book tells all that is reqd) I initially used the default RPC server program, but u can make your own and enhance it over time as I did to better suit your needs

IF HConnectRemoteAccess("192.168.1.10", "ANONYMOUS", "ANONYMOUS","J:\Obj\WinDev\My Projects\RAS\RAS.wd8\RAS.wdd") = False THEN Error("Cannot open analysis on server"+CR+"Error triggered: "+HErrorInfo())
in the client program in the Project initialization section. U can c that it homes in on a unique IP address

Performance was good for what I needed, I just dont know how it would fair if 200 users accessed it at one time. There was one big letdown when I discovered that it couldnt handle graphics/blobs, everything else worked but I coudnt get it to work with pictures. This was bad news for me as the app I built was for property agents to display pictures of houses . Anyway PC SOFT consoled me by telling me that HF C/S would be my solution. So here I am beginning to play with WD9. I will have to see how it works out
HTH
Publicado el 29,junio 2005 - 12:04
>Thanks for the response I have been able to get it up and connecting but have not been able to get it to work with user groupware. Have you been successful with it. Is the analysis file specified in the hconnectremoteaccess function the local analysis or the remote analysis.
THE REMOTE ANALYSIS SO THAT THE RPC SERVER CAN FIND IT
I have been using MySQL extensively over the past few years and I a not too confortable using hyperfile especially with the type of clients I have. Can you give me "first look" of WD9 server and can it adequately replace a database server like MySQl.

YES I INTEND TRIALING HF/CS NEXT WEEK, WILL LET U KNOW

Thanks
issah
Hi issah

HTH

http://www.objeKtive.com