PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → Example if a project on AS/400
Example if a project on AS/400
Débuté par Ewart de Souza, 04 sep. 2009 14:57 - 1 réponse
Posté le 04 septembre 2009 - 14:57
Hello All,
I'm new to Webdev(12) & am trying to develop an intranet site with data from our iSeries(V5R4).

I'm having a lot of trouble getting started.

Does anyone have a small project accessing AS/400 files just to use as an example.

My setup is like this:
I have developed a production system which is being used by 6 production units. So I have 6 databases with exactly the same file names (physical & logical). I have the same field names (eg WONO for Work Order number) in all the files as I have used qualifiers to access each field (eg: HED.WONO, MAT.WONO).

I'd like to develop some MIS statistics for the users.

Is this possible ?? BTW I'm on VebDev 12.

Thanks & best regards
Ewart
Posté le 09 septembre 2009 - 19:38
Hello Ewart,

You can access as400 files in different ways.
1. Use ODBC than you can access them like you acces any other file in webdev
eg.
squery est une chaîne
dscustomers est une source de données
squery="SELECT customcercode,customername from customers where" + ...
" status='" + status +"'"
HExécuteRequêteSQL(dscustomers,ConnectieAS400,hRequêteSansCorrection,squery)
SI HLitPremier(dsCustomers) ALORS
TANTQUE PAS HEnDehors(dsCustomers)
TableAjouteLigne(TABLE_customers,dsCustomers.customerName)
HLitSuivant(dsCustomers)
FIN
FIN

eg2. Add your as400 files in the 'analyse' (sorry but we are using the french version) you can use all the graphical building tools.

Hint: Use the easycom native driver. He will make sure there is one job running on the as400 in which all access happens. Eg. You can call as400 programs to fill in a file in qtemp and you can read it out in webdev. (the sql engine uses the same job as when calling programs )
You could even debug this job to find out bottlenecks in retrieving data.

Good luck,
Dirk

Ewart de Souza a écrit dans le message de news <f6609a559d49f897cdbc13d398ac4fe2@news.pcsoft> :
Hello All,
I'm new to Webdev(12) & am trying to develop an intranet site with data from our iSeries(V5R4).

I'm having a lot of trouble getting started.

Does anyone have a small project accessing AS/400 files just to use as an example.

My setup is like this:
I have developed a production system which is being used by 6 production units. So I have 6 databases with exactly the same file names (physical & logical). I have the same field names (eg WONO for Work Order number) in all the files as I have used qualifiers to access each field (eg: HED.WONO, MAT.WONO).

I'd like to develop some MIS statistics for the users.

Is this possible ?? BTW I'm on VebDev 12.

Thanks & best regards
Ewart