PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV (précédentes versions) → Noob Question: How to Modify a Record in Another Table
Noob Question: How to Modify a Record in Another Table
Débuté par Marcelo Santos, 15 oct. 2010 09:07 - 2 réponses
Posté le 15 octobre 2010 - 09:07
Hello Guys,

Continuing in my little adventure to develop a Shop Control system, I'm drawing the window that will manipulate the products.

When a client put a order, this window must update the record in current table (products) insert 'n' records in another table (product movement) and update a record in another based in product code (last sale, for example).

How I can accomplish this?

Reading the documentation, I found that I need to use H functions, but, how I can relate the specific records that I must update or insert?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Marcelo Santos.
Posté le 15 octobre 2010 - 17:46
Hi Marcelo

By reading your series of question, it looks to me that you are trying
to develop your software before even following the tutorial that comes
with windev. Take the time to go through each of the courses provided,
and most of your questions will be answered. Not doing so is going to
make you loose so much time that it's not even funny

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

On 15/10/2010 02:07, Marcelo Santos wrote:
Hello Guys,

Continuing in my little adventure to develop a Shop Control system, I'm drawing the window that will manipulate the products.

When a client put a order, this window must update the record in current table (products) insert 'n' records in another table (product movement) and update a record in another based in product code (last sale, for example).

How I can accomplish this?

Reading the documentation, I found that I need to use H functions, but, how I can relate the specific records that I must update or insert?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Marcelo Santos.
Posté le 15 octobre 2010 - 19:25
Hello Fabrice,

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, I followed the Tutorial, that came in a Printed Book, and the commands that manipulate records instruct me to modify records that are linked with a Table, and i agree with you that I could miss something.

I will read again the tutorial, seeking the information regarding update records in more than one table.

Again, tks for you advice.

Marcelo.