PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV (précédentes versions) → Migration from WinSrv 2k3 x86 to 2k8 x64
Migration from WinSrv 2k3 x86 to 2k8 x64
Débuté par ICT - City Carburoil, 26 jan. 2011 10:34 - 1 réponse
Membre enregistré
1 message
Posté le 26 janvier 2011 - 10:34
Hi all,

First of all be sure to understand that I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WINDEV, so be patience with me :)

We have a terminal server (windows server 2003 32bits) running some apps developed with WinDev8, 9, 10 and 12.

We are moving on a Windows server 2008 64bits and I have some problems. I copied all directories from the old to the new server (each app doesn't need to be installed it's just an executable). When I started the only app developed with WD12, it downloaded the framework and then it worked perfectly. Another app developed with WD8 once started simply says: "Unable to find WD80VM.DLL Check whether DLLs used to operate the executable can be accessed by PATH".

The other app developed with WD9, starts up and asks to download the framework, but once I clicked OK another pop-up comes up telling me the same message:""Unable to find WD80VM.DLL Check whether DLLs used to operate the executable can be accessed by PATH"." this time the version of the DLL is different.

I looked for the DLL in the old server and they're located in D:\WD_obj\... also in the new server are in the same PATH.

I tried to find an INI file but no luck...

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance.
Posté le 27 janvier 2011 - 12:47
Hi ICT

from the error message you are giving us, it seems that you need to
include the D:\WD_Obj\... in the PATH or your system (list of
directories where things referenced without a directory are searched by
the system). I must say that I don't know how to do that on the 2008
server, but that's an OS question, not a windev one :-)

You probably can also instead copy each set of dlls in the directory
where the matching exe is installed

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

On 26/01/2011 04:19, ICT - City Carburoil wrote:
Hi all,

First of all be sure to understand that I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WINDEV, so be patience with me :)

We have a terminal server (windows server 2003 32bits) running some apps developed with WinDev8, 9, 10 and 12.

We are moving on a Windows server 2008 64bits and I have some problems. I copied all directories from the old to the new server (each app doesn't need to be installed it's just an executable). When I started the only app developed with WD12, it downloaded the framework and then it worked perfectly. Another app developed with WD8 once started simply says: "Unable to find WD80VM.DLL Check whether DLLs used to operate the executable can be accessed by PATH".

The other app developed with WD9, starts up and asks to download the framework, but once I clicked OK another pop-up comes up telling me the same message:""Unable to find WD80VM.DLL Check whether DLLs used to operate the executable can be accessed by PATH"." this time the version of the DLL is different.

I looked for the DLL in the old server and they're located in D:\WD_obj\... also in the new server are in the same PATH.

I tried to find an INI file but no luck...

Who can help me?

Thanks in advance.