PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [7.5][8.0] Help files generated by Windev
[7.5][8.0] Help files generated by Windev
Débuté par Gerard van Woudenberg, 15 avr. 2004 11:56 - 6 réponses
Posté le 15 avril 2004 - 11:56
Good morning programmers,
Here a general question on the help generator in Windev. What is your experiance with it.
For minstance we have noticed you can generate a complete helpfile on windows and controls. But when you later add windows and controls it seems you have to put them in manualy. Because if you generate is again a seccond helpfile is made iso adding it to the existing allready edited help file.
Als are there some other sugestions on other programs to generate help (manualy offcourse).
Kind regards
Gerard van Woudenberg

Our homebase
Posté le 16 avril 2004 - 15:46
Hallo Gerard,
i have tryed to make a help with windev help. I had some crash and i think there is many to do, if you had a good help. If you want to print the help it is possible, but it looks not so good.
Then i have make the help with Acrobat - for each part of the program a own kapitel and if you press F1 you get the Acorobat file to read on the screen. Now i can print the manual without any work more.
You can use also the program DoctoHelp, but no expirience.
Christoph
Posté le 16 avril 2004 - 17:06
For minstance we have noticed you can generate a complete helpfile on windows and controls. But when you later add windows and controls it seems you have to put them in manualy. Because if you generate is again a seccond helpfile is made iso adding it to the existing allready edited help file.
Als are there some other sugestions on other programs to generate help (manualy offcourse).
Kind regards
Gerard van Woudenberg

Hello Gerard,
I have used the WinDev help editor for small multilanguage help system. Small means help system for some utilities (less than 50 pages total). I love the way to have mulilanguage help in my project, but on the other side the are some shortcomings at this time in 80312.
The biggest show stopper is the inability to work with tables (or alternate with TABs).
I saw that 80314i comes with some improvements in the Help editor.
Best regards
Raimund Schuldhaus

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 17 avril 2004 - 12:07
Hello Christoph,
your PDF-solution sounds quite fine! But how are you able to initially show a certain chapter or page of a PDF-document?
For myself, I'm using DotHelp, the predecessor of FastHelp for making traditional WinHelp-files. The important thing here is 'ease of use'. You do not need to know anything about Help files and their structure, you just need to know how to use FastHelp. It's a WYSIWYG word processor and will produce Help pages looking exactly like the pages you had created before. Cannot see any problems with printing one page of the Help file correctly, but, admitted, there is no way to print the full document. The latter would be possible with a pdf-file.
Herzlich,
Günter

Hallo Gerard,
i have tryed to make a help with windev help. I had some crash and i think there is many to do, if you had a good help. If you want to print the help it is possible, but it looks not so good.
Then i have make the help with Acrobat - for each part of the program a own kapitel and if you press F1 you get the Acorobat file to read on the screen. Now i can print the manual without any work more.
You can use also the program DoctoHelp, but no expirience.
Christoph
Posté le 18 avril 2004 - 11:00
Hallo Guenter,
i have 20-30 pdf-documents. Each document is competent for several windows. You can make bookmarks in the pdf dokument and you can make a index for all documents together( automatic ! ). Pdf and Internet is also a good team. You can start acrobat with a certain document.
You are right, pdf is not a ideal software for make help, but i think it works and i have at the moment not enough time and money for search another professional tool, like DoctoHelp.
Best regards
Christoph
Posté le 19 avril 2004 - 03:27
Hi Gerard,
I use a program called Treepad (www.treepad.com) for my help file solution. The reasons I use this program are...
1.) Very easy to learn & use (WYSIWYG) with treeview and search functions
2.) Cheap ($43.95 USD business edition)
3.) has a free viewer as a single exe with no registry stuff.
4.) can start my treepad file and jump to any chapter/node
5.) can encrypt files with passwords
6.) I use it in house to store my own files and piccys.
7.) no need for any other files (ie IE 4 or higher for *.chm help files)
8.) can print individual chapters or whole file (many options)
9.) good support & regurarly updated!!
HTH
Regards,
Chris
Posté le 14 novembre 2005 - 18:30
I use Help & Manual Check it. :)