PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Turning Off Automatic File Update
Turning Off Automatic File Update
Débuté par M. Beaven, 04 mai 2004 19:41 - 3 réponses
Posté le 04 mai 2004 - 19:41
Hello all,
Does anyone know whether automatic file update can be turned off (WD 7.5us)? I have several projects on a Windows 2003 network, and there is a terribly long hesitation while Windev attempts the automatic file modification process after generating an analysis. The total network utilization for Windev during these updates can be close to 70%.
I wasn't able to find anything in the help files about deactivating the update, but if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Marc
Posté le 05 mai 2004 - 01:32
Hi Marc,
Just turn it off as you page through the installer wizard.
You will see the option under the Exe file to so the modifications, uncheck the box.
Gill

Hello all,
Does anyone know whether automatic file update can be turned off (WD 7.5us)? I have several projects on a Windows 2003 network, and there is a terribly long hesitation while Windev attempts the automatic file modification process after generating an analysis. The total network utilization for Windev during these updates can be close to 70%.
I wasn't able to find anything in the help files about deactivating the update, but if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Marc
Posté le 05 mai 2004 - 01:42
Gill,
Thanks for the reply. The problem, however, is not with the end user install generation, but when generating an analysis on my development network after modifications. I have several 2003 servers with live data files from an earlier version of the analysis. Each time I generate a new version of the analysis, windev inundates the network with traffic when it is searching for files that need to be updated.
Regards,
Marc
Hi Marc,
You will see the option under the Exe file to so the modifications, uncheck the box.
Gill

Hello all,
Thanks,
Marc
Posté le 05 mai 2004 - 10:01
Marc
OOps,
Edit your REP file to stop that from happening or untick the list you don't want to update when the choice list appears.
Gill

Gill,
Thanks for the reply. The problem, however, is not with the end user install generation, but when generating an analysis on my development network after modifications. I have several 2003 servers with live data files from an earlier version of the analysis. Each time I generate a new version of the analysis, windev inundates the network with traffic when it is searching for files that need to be updated.
Regards,
Marc
Hi Marc,
Gill

Hello all,
Thanks,
Marc