PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Changing Classic to Client/Server
Changing Classic to Client/Server
Débuté par Paul, 20 fév. 2008 08:37 - 4 réponses
Posté le 20 février 2008 - 08:37
I have a Classic Hyper file and want to change it to Client/Server. I have looked at the Help and put the following in my Project Initialization:

PAMUConnection is Connection

// Connection Settings

PAMUConnection..Provider = hAccessHFClientServer

PAMUConnection..User = "admin"

PAMUConnection..Password = ""

PAMUConnection..Server = "PaulPhenom"

PAMUConnection..Database = ""

PAMUConnection..CryptMethod = hCryptNo

gbDone is boolean

// Opening the connection

gbDone = HOpenConnection(PAMUConnection)

I have the HF Server installed and the services are running. When I run the app the HOpenConnection returns True, but I can not tell if the HF Server is running the the Hyper File or the WinDev executable.

I have looked in the HF Server/BDD folder and do not see the files that the Help shows: My app, Client.Fic, etc.

Also, once a Hyper File has been converted to Client/Server can it be converted back to classic?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posté le 20 février 2008 - 10:29
Paul (?),

By default, your application uses the design-time connection from the analysis (i.e. MyConnection1 or something like that), which is still pointing to your classic files.

You have to use HChanceConnection(*,PAMUConnection) to point to your new connection.

If you have HCreationIfNotFound somewhere in your code, you will see the empty, new datafiles in HF Server\BDD\your_app

Do you want to use your (already filled) classic data files? Just copy them into HF Server\BDD\your_app. There is no need for conversion. The structure of the datafiles are exactly the same. (even on pocket-pc and windev mobile...)

Arie

>I have a Classic Hyper file and want to change it to Client/Server. I have looked at the Help and put the following in my Project Initialization:

PAMUConnection is Connection

>// Connection Settings

PAMUConnection..Provider = hAccessHFClientServer

>PAMUConnection..User = "admin"

PAMUConnection..Password = ""

>PAMUConnection..Server = "PaulPhenom"

PAMUConnection..Database = ""

>PAMUConnection..CryptMethod = hCryptNo

>gbDone is boolean

// Opening the connection

>gbDone = HOpenConnection(PAMUConnection)

I have the HF Server installed and the services are running. When I run the app the HOpenConnection returns True, but I can not tell if the HF Server is running the the Hyper File or the WinDev executable.

>I have looked in the HF Server/BDD folder and do not see the files that the Help shows: My app, Client.Fic, etc.

Also, once a Hyper File has been converted to Client/Server can it be converted back to classic?

>Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posté le 20 février 2008 - 23:36
Arie,

Thanks! That worked. It was really very simple. So if my design time connection is Classic, when I create an executable it will always have to run the HDescribeConnection and HChangeConnection commands? That is what my tests show. I open my data files with Client/Server and then went back to Classic for the same data files and it worked fine. So I assume this is okay.

Do the data files always have to be located in BDD/Database Name ? Is there a way to redirect the location of the data files in Client/Server mode?

Does the HyperFile Server and the Manta Server always have to run as services or can they be launched when needed?

Paul

Paul (?),

>By default, your application uses the design-time connection from the analysis (i.e. MyConnection1 or something like that), which is still pointing to your classic files.

You have to use HChanceConnection(*,PAMUConnection) to point to your new connection.

>If you have HCreationIfNotFound somewhere in your code, you will see the empty, new datafiles in HF Server\BDD\your_app

Do you want to use your (already filled) classic data files? Just copy them into HF Server\BDD\your_app. There is no need for conversion. The structure of the datafiles are exactly the same. (even on pocket-pc and windev mobile...)

>Arie

I have a Classic Hyper file and want to change it to Client/Server. I have looked at the Help and put the following in my Project Initialization:

>>PAMUConnection is Connection

// Connection Settings

>>PAMUConnection..Provider = hAccessHFClientServer

>>PAMUConnection..Password = ""

>>PAMUConnection..Database = ""

>>

gbDone is boolean

>>// Opening the connection

>>I have the HF Server installed and the services are running. When I run the app the HOpenConnection returns True, but I can not tell if the HF Server is running the the Hyper File or the WinDev executable.

I have looked in the HF Server/BDD folder and do not see the files that the Help shows: My app, Client.Fic, etc.

>>Also, once a Hyper File has been converted to Client/Server can it be converted back to classic?

Posté le 21 février 2008 - 09:52
Paul,

1. yes, you have to use HDescribeConnection and HChangeConnection. Well in fact there's another option. See this post http://f16.parsimony.net/forum28986/messages/34030.htm

2. afaik you can change "HFServer\BBD" during install of the hf-server. Then you can name "Database Name" to what ever you want, which corresponds to HOpenConnection(....,database,....)

3. HFCS are NT-services. You could use "NET START .." in a batch/script to start/stop them on-demand.

Arie

>Arie,

Thanks! That worked. It was really very simple. So if my design time connection is Classic, when I create an executable it will always have to run the HDescribeConnection and HChangeConnection commands? That is what my tests show. I open my data files with Client/Server and then went back to Classic for the same data files and it worked fine. So I assume this is okay.

>Do the data files always have to be located in BDD/Database Name ? Is there a way to redirect the location of the data files in Client/Server mode?

Does the HyperFile Server and the Manta Server always have to run as services or can they be launched when needed?

>Paul

Paul (?),

>>By default, your application uses the design-time connection from the analysis (i.e. MyConnection1 or something like that), which is still pointing to your classic files.

>>If you have HCreationIfNotFound somewhere in your code, you will see the empty, new datafiles in HF Server\BDD\your_app

>>Arie

>>>PAMUConnection is Connection

// Connection Settings

>>>PAMUConnection..Provider = hAccessHFClientServer

>>>PAMUConnection..Password = ""

>>>PAMUConnection..Database = ""

>>>

gbDone is boolean

>>>// Opening the connection

>>>I have the HF Server installed and the services are running. When I run the app the HOpenConnection returns True, but I can not tell if the HF Server is running the the Hyper File or the WinDev executable.

>>>Also, once a Hyper File has been converted to Client/Server can it be converted back to classic?

Posté le 21 février 2008 - 19:11
Arie,

Thanks for the information. It has been very helpful.

Paul