PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Which verson of Vista and WebDev
Which verson of Vista and WebDev
Débuté par Glenn Rathke, 20 fév. 2008 23:34 - 6 réponses
Posté le 20 février 2008 - 23:34
Hi,

I've got a newpc with Vista Home Basic. Clearly I have to upgrade to a more powerful version. I'm wanting to know which version are you using for developing WebDev applications. I'd like to test the webdev app on the local development computer.

Thanks

Glenn Rathke
Posté le 21 février 2008 - 09:52
Hi Glenn...

I'm currently developing with WebDev 11 on a laptop running vista home premium and IIS7... Many small configuration problems at the beginning (rights managements, etc), but now everything is running fine

Fabrice

>Hi,

I've got a newpc with Vista Home Basic. Clearly I have to upgrade to a more powerful version. I'm wanting to know which version are you using for developing WebDev applications. I'd like to test the webdev app on the local development computer.

>Thanks

Glenn Rathke
Posté le 21 février 2008 - 09:52
Hi Glenn,

Using Windows Vista Business here with Webdev 11, Windev 11, and Windev Mobile 11. No problems to speak of (at least with those products ) - though one of the first things I did was disable UAC.

Regards,

-Marc

>Hi,

>Thanks

Glenn Rathke
Posté le 21 février 2008 - 10:20
G'day Glenn

You can create a true administrator account in Vista.

Either use the Local Security method or manually in a cmd box with

net user Administrator /active:yes

You can still leave UAC running if you like

Regards

Al

>Hi Glenn,

Using Windows Vista Business here with Webdev 11, Windev 11, and Windev Mobile 11. No problems to speak of (at least with those products ) - though one of the first things I did was disable UAC.

>Regards,

-Marc

>>Hi,

>>Thanks

Glenn Rathke
Posté le 22 février 2008 - 17:20
Fabrice,

Foolish question. Is IIS 7 included in Vista Premium Home or did you have to find it somewhere else?

Glenn
Posté le 22 février 2008 - 17:32
Hi Glenn

It's included, I just had to activate/setup the whole thing. I basically followed the webdev help file on that and it worked well (when installing webdev on the machine, it asked which server, and when answered IIS, a specific help page with the whole setup was displayed)

Best regards

Fabrice

>Fabrice,

Foolish question. Is IIS 7 included in Vista Premium Home or did you have to find it somewhere else?

>Glenn
Posté le 22 février 2008 - 17:50
Fabrice,

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting on delivery of the Vista upgrade now.

Glenn