PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Temp-file(temp-table)
Temp-file(temp-table)
Débuté par Stojanco Velkov, 15 juil. 2008 16:56 - 2 réponses
Posté le 15 juillet 2008 - 16:56
Hi all,
How to implement and use temp-table (temp-file) in WINDEV. I found in Windev help this:
How can I describe temporary files?
To describe temporary files, you must:
1. Use File description, Item description and Link description type variables (if necessary).
2. For each file:
Describe the file characteristics using Hyper File properties.
Describe the item characteristics using Hyper File properties.
Validate the description of each item (HDescribeItem).
Validate the file description (HDescribeFile).
3. If necessary, describe the link characteristics using Hyper File properties.
4. Validate the description of each link if necessary (HDescribeLink).

I understand this and I create temporary file.

I fill in the temp-file by programming and then fill the table from the temp-file.
Before the fill in the temp-file of course I delete all records from the temp-file and I have procedure to add new record according to specific criteria.
When window is closed the HClose() and HCancelDescription() are called.

I have to solve this problem:
After creation of the temp-file how to implement that temp-file scope just for the window where it is defined? Because when I start the same window from two different sessions I get the error: "The file <file name> is already described".
For example the following case is possible to happen: When two or more users use the same temp-file (defined in window) and when they passed different parameters to fill in the temp-file, how to provide each user to see the correct data according to selected criteria?
Let say first user should view 5 records according to entered criteria, the second user run the same procedure and delete all records from the temp-file, after that the temp-file is filled by 10 records. Does the first user still see 5 records or 10?

In PROGRESS (4GL) for example there is no problem when temp-file defined in the window, and that window is called twice or more by the one or more clients.

TIA,
Regards,
Velkov Stojanco
Posté le 15 juillet 2008 - 18:28
Temp-table in PROGRESS 4GL are created on disk but als unnamed with temporary random name, when procedure ends progress deletes the temp-file. You operate with them thru the LOGICAL name in the procedure.The scope is defined thru the definition
new shared, shared,or just for local purpose.
In WinDev when you define an file,structure,etc,you NAME IT,and therefore the file exists on disk als usual file with name,when you start another time the same window ,the file allready exists of course.Give them a some random name,or the better solution is to find in help something like Progress work-file.That is memory table for temporary calculations.

Best regards
Posté le 17 juillet 2008 - 09:01
Novice,
Can you send me a mail on svelkov@gmail.com.
P.S. I don't write in Serbian because of the language in this forum.
However you can drop a line on the mentioned e-mail.
Regards, Stole
Pirot