PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Pocket PC
Pocket PC
Débuté par Gill, 11 juin 2004 03:05 - 6 réponses
Posté le 11 juin 2004 - 03:05
Hi all,
We have in test now middle and larger systems running WinCE, with 320x240 screen, 800x480, 640x480.
These are all planned to be telematic units operating in a vehicle.
For personal use I have an O2 phone/pda/wireless/gprs unit that is very good.
I otherwise recommend any Pocket PC as there are so many out there it's up to the customer what features they want and which one they buy.
However, it's not all plain sailing with some units using Hitachi chips, others using ARM and XScale and still more pocket PCs now using a Samsung low speed low cost chip.
I still have to test all units in WD8Pocket PC and will accept a test program from the beta if anyone can supply it - PLEASE - with different versions for each screen size.
Having said all of this, we still have our own solution running an SBC with Eden chip and lots of I/Os using XP Embedded, and this seems to be our best chance at the moment as CE and that development environment is an unknown around this office.
We can get XPe to load in under 15 seconds straight to a normal WinDev program, a plus for us which is very hard to replicate in WinCE.
So which way forward:
There are lots of OEM boards out there with XScale chips and most of the stuff we want for our application - so do I spend the money on WDPPC? Well not yet.
The white paper is still to come and the cost for PPC is around the same as the XPe environment cost.
And then there is the problem of printing...
All comments taken seriously.
Gill
Posté le 11 juin 2004 - 20:26
Hi all,
We have in test now middle and larger systems running WinCE, with 320x240 screen, 800x480, 640x480.
I otherwise recommend any Pocket PC as there are so many out there it's up to the customer what features they want and which one they buy.
However, it's not all plain sailing with some units using Hitachi chips, others using ARM and XScale and still more pocket PCs now using a Samsung low speed low cost chip.
I still have to test all units in WD8Pocket PC and will accept a test program from the beta if anyone can supply it - PLEASE - with different versions for each screen size.
Having said all of this, we still have our own solution running an SBC with Eden chip and lots of I/Os using XP Embedded, and this seems to be our best chance at the moment as CE and that development environment is an unknown around this office.
We can get XPe to load in under 15 seconds straight to a normal WinDev program, a plus for us which is very hard to replicate in WinCE.
So which way forward:
There are lots of OEM boards out there with XScale chips and most of the stuff we want for our application - so do I spend the money on WDPPC? Well not yet.
The white paper is still to come and the cost for PPC is around the same as the XPe environment cost.
Gill

Hello Gill,
what kind of test program do you need?
Regards
Raimund

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 13 juin 2004 - 06:08
Hi Raimund,
Thanks for your reply.
We just need something to run a 640x480 screen with some screens, large buttons that work and some data, nothing too specific, as this is a test on various chips only.
Thanks
Gill
Hi all,
So which way forward:
Gill
Hello Gill,

what kind of test program do you need?
Regards
Raimund
Posté le 13 juin 2004 - 14:34
Hi Raimund,
Thanks for your reply.
We just need something to run a 640x480 screen with some screens, large buttons that work and some data, nothing too specific, as this is a test on various chips only.
Thanks

Hello Gill,
I will put together an example and send it to you tommorow or one day later.
Raimund

Posté le 14 juin 2004 - 03:50
Thats great thanks Raimund,
Thanks for your help
Gill
Hi Raimund,
Thanks for your reply.
Thanks
Hello Gill,

I will put together an example and send it to you tommorow or one day later.
Raimund
Posté le 14 juin 2004 - 12:56
Thanks for your help
Gill

Hello Gill,
I have now a small test app (640x480 and target Windows CE) with two windows. The exe for this test app (without the PC SOFT runtime) is 350k. I have also created a MSI installer (with the runtime). This installer has 3.5M. What's you prefered method to receive this? Email or your/our FTP server?
Regards
Raimund

Posté le 15 juin 2004 - 04:05
Thanks for your work Raimund,
Delivery by email to my address (above) will be the best I feel.
Thanks again
Gill
Thanks for your help
Gill
Hello Gill,

I have now a small test app (640x480 and target Windows CE) with two windows. The exe for this test app (without the PC SOFT runtime) is 350k. I have also created a MSI installer (with the runtime). This installer has 3.5M. What's you prefered method to receive this? Email or your/our FTP server?
Regards
Raimund