PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → License of Compiled Application
License of Compiled Application
Débuté par Denis Vaughan, 20 aoû. 2008 15:31 - 4 réponses
Posté le 20 août 2008 - 15:31
If I want to create an application with a license file which controls access to the application what is the best way to try ? Is there a way to generate a license key which might then identify user count or timed use ? Do people use a 3rd party app for this ?
Posté le 20 août 2008 - 17:56
Hi

If you are using Windev 12 then you might want to look at the sample component provided with windev 12 - WDLimits.
You can find it in the Windev 12 directory (Windev 12->Components->Sample Components->WD Limits
The source code is also supplied so you may want to look at the code and design it to fit your own specific needs.

Gautam
Posté le 20 août 2008 - 18:35
Hi,

Again thank you. I am using 12 and have found the component - will need to study it but it seems to be what I am lookng for.

DV
Posté le 21 août 2008 - 10:45
Hi,

If you want more protection, you can add a protection on USB STICK where you use the sérial number of the stick who is unique and burned into the key.
You can see in this forum from GuenterP on 6 August 2008 with the title : Software protection by USB-memory-stick
Best regards.
Bernard GINET
Posté le 21 août 2008 - 12:38
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will look at that. I am new to WinDev and only basic experience with programming so I am finding it slow to work through WinDev. I will need to try and understand the Component side and how it is used.

If anyone has an example of it in use that they are prepared to show I would appreciate it

Thanks

DV