PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → How to keep cell at bottom of screen ?
How to keep cell at bottom of screen ?
Débuté par John, 28 aoû. 2008 01:57 - 5 réponses
Posté le 28 août 2008 - 01:57
Hi,
I've got an app where I need to have functoinality that simulates the use of 3 frames. One at the top, left side and bottom. Instead of frames, I need to use cells.
How do you keep the top cell the width of the screen, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?
How do you keep the bottom cell at the bottom, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?
Thanks John
Posté le 28 août 2008 - 01:56
Hi John,
The following JS property will return the width of the browser.

//Returns the current width of the client area in the browser
FUNCTION JSGetBrowserWidth()
{
RETURN document.body.clientWidth;
}

This will return the height of the browser.
//Returns the height of the client area in the browser
FUNCTION JSGetBrowserHeight(i_nMode)
{
RETURN document.body.clientHeight;
}

HTH,
-Marc
Posté le 28 août 2008 - 01:57
THANKS MUCH !
Posté le 28 août 2008 - 01:58
Hello John
If you are working with Windev, try the anchor properties of the controls but if it is Webdev then I will defer to someone else for an answer.
Regards
Al
Posté le 28 août 2008 - 01:58
Hi,
Reading your answer, even though you mentioned it is for WinDev I gave it a try. You can specify fixed or a percent. As far as I can tell using 100% is in reference to the size of the control. It is not in reference to the browser.
I wonder if there is a way to get the width of the browser....
Thanks
John
Posté le 28 août 2008 - 02:00
I neglected to mention it is WebDev.
John

Hi,

>

I've got an app where I need to have functoinality that simulates the use of 3 frames. One at the top, left side and bottom. Instead of frames, I need to use cells.

>

How do you keep the top cell the width of the screen, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?

>

How do you keep the bottom cell at the bottom, no matter the resolution or how big the screen is?

>

Thanks John