PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Adding items to files in analysis (WD12)
Adding items to files in analysis (WD12)
Débuté par Stefan Bentvelsen, 11 sep. 2008 17:45 - 4 réponses
Posté le 11 septembre 2008 - 17:45
Hi,
sometimes when I add an item to a file definition in the analysis, I get the following error:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
An item with the same name already exists in the file (main name or multilingual name in the 'Reports and Queries' tab).
Choose another item name.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The only thing I can do is click on OK button. The item is not added to the file. I'm sure, the item does not exist in the particular file. So why do I get this error? Is there a work around for this 'bug' ? I already have tried closing en restarting WinDev12, but that does not help anything.
Posté le 11 septembre 2008 - 18:28
The problem is solved.
The cursor was on the last line (empty, but with type=text and sizeP) and seems to check this empty in the file. If I fill in the empty line a dummy name like 'uyerueere' then there is no error anymore. After moving the added real item I delete the dummy and it's all working.
Posté le 11 septembre 2008 - 19:28
Hi Stefan, nonetheless - this is a nasty bug! No one knows why the previous versions of the analysis-editor worked fine without that 'extra'. It should be enough that the field-name is empty .. this is a good example of detructive maintenance. You know, there are three types of maintenance: preventive, emergency and destructive. Programmers often tend to fix 10 bugs and to insert two new ones .. sorry for the self-critisism. Kind regards, Guenter
Posté le 11 septembre 2008 - 20:02
Hi,
Has anyone reported this to PC Soft?
Posté le 12 septembre 2008 - 01:01
Hi Darren, no I did not report it, I thought this is a so pretty obvious one to make our French collegues whine nine months ago. Our French collegues are are our 'testing staff' as you know. But version 55n went out without a fix - OK, someone should tell them! I think that a new version of v12 will come out soon, maybe it's already fixed there. Kind regards, Guenter