FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD75] User Groupware
[WD75] User Groupware
Débuté par Daniel Ramirez, 23 juin 2004 05:19 - 7 réponses
Posté le 23 juin 2004 - 05:19
Hello developers,
I have one rare thing to comment.
I have one program regulated by the standard WD User Groupware (only modificated things are languaje on the GPW windows), the GPW files are installed on a WinNT 4 server and have acomplished its function without fail until now, all the clients were Win98SE and since a couple of weeks ago we have 2 Win2000 Pro computers as clients on the network.
Today, one of the users showed me that his computer can see/use the whole program without restriction, despite the fact that he has no GPW rights to do so. I thought it had something to do with GPW fic files corrupted, not setted correctly or something else and I made several tests. When the program starts from any other client (Win98) with the name and password of this particular user, the rights operate as expected, and when any name and password are used on any Win2000 computer, no rights administration seems to be working, except for the first screen where you sign to use the program.
Have any of you observed something like that??
There is some 'cure', or the patient will die??
As always, any help will be as usefull as thankfully received.
Regards
Posté le 23 juin 2004 - 12:38
Hello Hello
There are some issues with W2000 throughout WinDev 8, mainly to do with OS level commands, where they don't work with W2000. Perhaps this is one of them and if so will be so marked in the help file under current issues for groupware.
If not, it's reportable.
Also GPW changed completely with one of the later versions of 7.5 when English replaced French in the US version, but it looks like this is not the cause (it wouldn't run if it was).
Gill
Hello developers,
I have one rare thing to comment.
I have one program regulated by the standard WD User Groupware (only modificated things are languaje on the GPW windows), the GPW files are installed on a WinNT 4 server and have acomplished its function without fail until now, all the clients were Win98SE and since a couple of weeks ago we have 2 Win2000 Pro computers as clients on the network.
Today, one of the users showed me that his computer can see/use the whole program without restriction, despite the fact that he has no GPW rights to do so. I thought it had something to do with GPW fic files corrupted, not setted correctly or something else and I made several tests. When the program starts from any other client (Win98) with the name and password of this particular user, the rights operate as expected, and when any name and password are used on any Win2000 computer, no rights administration seems to be working, except for the first screen where you sign to use the program.
Have any of you observed something like that??
There is some 'cure', or the patient will die??
As always, any help will be as usefull as thankfully received.
Regards
Posté le 24 juin 2004 - 02:37
Hi Gill,
I will further investigate on the issues you told me about. Also I will notify PCS and as an update, today I made some more tests, and if the client run on WinXP, the result is the same as with Win2000, you have to use a valid user and password to sign, but from there, you can use/see everything.
Thanks
Hello Hello
There are some issues with W2000 throughout WinDev 8, mainly to do with OS level commands, where they don't work with W2000. Perhaps this is one of them and if so will be so marked in the help file under current issues for groupware.
If not, it's reportable.
Also GPW changed completely with one of the later versions of 7.5 when English replaced French in the US version, but it looks like this is not the cause (it wouldn't run if it was).
Gill
Posté le 24 juin 2004 - 06:54
Hello,
More on the subject...
If using WinXP (home) and having the GPW fic files on the self computer, still you get no control at all, except for the login window.
Could any one please, test this on his/her computer??
Thanks
Posté le 24 juin 2004 - 07:36
Hi again,
I don't understand how or why, but it seems that the GPW fic files 'lost' its connection with the program, I have created a completely new and fresh set of them and now they again control right the rights.
The program itself is very frecuently updated, with new menus, windows and every kind of change to existing elements, but always the GPW windows showed the new/changed elements and allowed setting the proper rights for them besides the ones preexistent/non changed.
Only problem is that I have to reenter all the assignments for the users.
If someone can explain me why this happens, I could prevent it in the future.
At any rate, thank you all...
Daniel
Posté le 24 juin 2004 - 20:53
If someone can explain me why this happens, I could prevent it in the future.
At any rate, thank you all...

Hi, I have the same problem. Don't know when this happened, changing from W98SE to W2K or from French to English version, or something else?... If you find out, please let us know.
Posté le 25 juin 2004 - 02:28
I found the reason for my problem: we renamed the project and at the time we found that the project name is present in two of the groupware files. After we updated them, all seemed well. But only apparently.
The GPW system uses the project name in upper case but not when checking the GPW settings against the current project. It doesn't force the project name, probably obtained via ProjectInfo, into upper case, therefore GPW doesn't find any settings for abcProject since settings in the files are for ABCPROJECT.
Seems a bit daft for an explanation but checking it by renaming the project and what goes with it, as well as the gpw files, all to capital letters, the GPW functions again perfectly well ...
Posté le 26 juin 2004 - 01:07
Thanks for the info mat, fi I get to know better, I will post here for you and the others....
I found the reason for my problem: we renamed the project and at the time we found that the project name is present in two of the groupware files. After we updated them, all seemed well. But only apparently.
The GPW system uses the project name in upper case but not when checking the GPW settings against the current project. It doesn't force the project name, probably obtained via ProjectInfo, into upper case, therefore GPW doesn't find any settings for abcProject since settings in the files are for ABCPROJECT.
Seems a bit daft for an explanation but checking it by renaming the project and what goes with it, as well as the gpw files, all to capital letters, the GPW functions again perfectly well ...