PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → HyperFileSQL
HyperFileSQL
Débuté par John Marrone, 15 sep. 2008 01:10 - 11 réponses
Posté le 15 septembre 2008 - 01:10
Could someone please tell me is HyperfileSQL new to version 12. Does a hfSQL database consist of just one file with all the tables indexs and stored procedure contain in the 1 file. I have WD11.
Posté le 15 septembre 2008 - 01:08
Hi Guenter,
In Hyper File Client Server, are stored procedures run on the server or on the client?
Glenn
HI John, yes, you could use the H-Functions if you're using Native Access for MSSQL. I don't see much difference between MSSQL and HF C/S Server - except that the MSSQL is a more expensive alternative. For HF C/S there is a new command in v12 - HBackup(..) which does a backup of the complete server. In the HyperFile Control Center (AND as a command available!) it's possible to define recurring backup tasks. You could define a full or partial backup of the HF C/S Server let's say on each day at 20:00.
Kind regards,
Guenter
Thanks Guenter. Was just hoping. i don't really like hundreds of files I rather have just one big one. Yes I finally saw the link. Also if I used a mssgl express sql file would I be able to use it in WD and still be able to use the HFile functions. (The data funstions that start with an H).Thanks for you your help.
Hi Glenn, they're running on the server.
- stored procedures
- stored triggers
Kind regards,
Guenter
Hi Günter,
did not test speed hf/cs versus mssql so far, but sure til the end of the year. I use it just because customer want to have it.
My software is dedicated for HF, HF/CS and MSSQL. Will charge them different money according to db used.
lg
Erik
Posté le 15 septembre 2008 - 01:09
Hi Günther,

>

it works with oledb access, too.

>MSSQL is quiet cheap (Express version is 0¤), max 2GB data and using max. 1 processor on the board.

>Greetings

>Erik

Hi Erik,
yes, the Express version is FREE - max 4GB. Only problem would be to manage any field-type differences. Is it worth it - speedwise - to use MSSQL Express?
Kind regards,
Guenter
Hi Günther,
it works with oledb access, too.
MSSQL is quiet cheap (Express version is 0¤), max 2GB data and using max. 1 processor on the board.
Greetings
Erik
Hi John,
no, 'HyperFile SQL database' refers to a set of HyperFile files taken care of by the HyperFile client/server engine.
Kind regards,
Guenter
P.S. Did you find your way in the forum now?
Posté le 15 septembre 2008 - 15:22
>

My software is dedicated for HF, HF/CS and MSSQL. Will charge them different money according to db used.

>

lg

>

Erik

>
Hi Erik
How do you manage "Store Procedure" & "Store Trigger" in your software with
all type of databases?
TIA
Toddy
Posté le 15 septembre 2008 - 20:58
Hi Toddy,
I don't use them, so I didn't care so far.
Otherwise it may be necessary to write a class to manage these things more comfortable as to use if - then or case everywhere.
greetings
Erik
Posté le 24 septembre 2008 - 19:45
Does anyone use ODBC or OLEDB to update or delete Hyper File?
Please tell me to do it.