PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Query code
Query code
Débuté par John Marrone, 28 juin 2004 15:40 - 7 réponses
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 15:40
I am trying to create I quess a memory table or query with just a set of records and modify a piece of data. Here is my code. It errors out at the HModify() function. Here is the code:
-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)
HExecuteSQLQuery(Rac,hModifyFile, "select * from DEMO_Testdata where RaceID = 'C'")
HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Anybody see what is wrong???
Thanks
John Marrone
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 15:51
Changed HModify() to use Rac and added HRecNum() parameter. Sorry for false alarm. I spent an hour trying to figure it out and as soon as I post for some help I figure it out in 30 seconds.
John

I am trying to create I quess a memory table or query with just a set of records and modify a piece of data. Here is my code. It errors out at the HModify() function. Here is the code:
-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)
HExecuteSQLQuery(Rac,hModifyFile, "select * from DEMO_Testdata where RaceID = 'C'")
HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Thanks
John Marrone
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 16:55
John Marrone sr. can't find the error. Poor Dad.
John Marrone jr. find the error. Good son.
Teun

Changed HModify() to use Rac and added HRecNum() parameter. Sorry for false alarm. I spent an hour trying to figure it out and as soon as I post for some help I figure it out in 30 seconds.
John

-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Thanks
John Marrone
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 22:44
Teun
Sorry for any confussion. My father passed away a few years ago and I still

use the Jr sometimes without thinking. But I am one and the same. Have a nice day Teun.
John Marrone

>>Changed HModify() to use Rac and added HRecNum() parameter. Sorry for false alarm. I spent an hour trying to figure it out and as soon as I post for some help I figure it out in 30 seconds.
Tuen

John

-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)

HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Thanks
John Marrone
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 22:55
That's what I already thought.
What's your background in ICT? I am always interested in the person behind.
I started with the generation 2 hardware with rod memory and developed in assembler and machine-code (1969) and now working 8 years with Magic and starting (like you, only less time) with WinDev 8USbeta.
Kind regards, Teun from the Netherlands.

You pay a lot of time
Teun
use the Jr sometimes without thinking. But I am one and the same. Have a nice day Teun.

John Marrone

Tuen

John

-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)

HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Thanks
John Marrone

undix
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 23:18
Hi Teun
Nothing exciting. Started out around 1983 in dbase as a hobby then in 1986 a friend afford me a job programming in Clipper (DOS). The I went to Visual Basic in 1993. Couldn't put off going to windows any longer. Had to go to windows. I am glad I did. Used Clarion as a hobby. Never really got serious with it. I looked at Magic 5 or 7 years ago. So I know what it is. But thats about all.
I live in Nicholasville, Kentucky USA. I am really impressed with this WinDev.
I hope it worksout for me. I am picking it up very good I think. Well have a nice day Teun.
John Marrone

I started with the generation 2 hardware with rod memory and developed in assembler and machine-code (1969) and now working 8 years with Magic and starting (like you, only less time) with WinDev 8USbeta.

You pay a lot of time
Teun

John Marrone

Tuen

John

-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)

HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Thanks
John Marrone
Posté le 28 juin 2004 - 23:58
Hello John,
I am glad to see a fellow Kentuckian on the forum. I am in Morganfield, KY.
I wish you happy development with Windev. It is, indeed, a wonderful product.
Regards,
Marc

Hi Teun
Nothing exciting. Started out around 1983 in dbase as a hobby then in 1986 a friend afford me a job programming in Clipper (DOS). The I went to Visual Basic in 1993. Couldn't put off going to windows any longer. Had to go to windows. I am glad I did. Used Clarion as a hobby. Never really got serious with it. I looked at Magic 5 or 7 years ago. So I know what it is. But thats about all.
I hope it worksout for me. I am picking it up very good I think. Well have a nice day Teun.
John Marrone

You pay a lot of time
Teun

John Marrone

Tuen

John

-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)

HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------
Thanks
John Marrone
Posté le 29 juin 2004 - 02:18
Welcome to the forum from Crewe, Virginia USA.
Bert

Hi Teun
John Marrone

You pay a lot of time
Teun

John Marrone

Tuen

John

-----------
Rac is a Data Source
HOpen(DEMO_Testdata)

HReadFirst(Rac)
WHILE True
Info(Rac.RaceID)
Rac.Demo_Version = 100
HModify(DEMO_Testdata)
HReadNext(Rac)
IF HOut(Rac) THEN
BREAK
END
END
------------