PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Getting back a page
Getting back a page
Débuté par J Scott, 10 oct. 2008 01:51 - 3 réponses
Posté le 10 octobre 2008 - 01:51
OK - this is really an amateur mes up - I was trying to alter a page and ended up deleting the majority of it, and I guess the page saved itself b/c when i hit 'closed' it just closed and didn't give me a chance to say 'don't save'. I haven't started to use the 'SCM' yet so I can't go there. Is there anyway to get that page back as it was say, yesterday?
Ugh! - Thanks!
Posté le 10 octobre 2008 - 09:38
Hi...

There should be in the project directory 1 or 2 files with the same name
than the page and a different extension (backup and automatic backup)...
You'll find the webdev extensions in the help file for details.

If you find them, you can rename them as a page and open them. Just hope
that one of them contains a usable version...

By the way, you don't need the scm to backup your project... Go in
tools, backup the project (preferably everyday :-) )

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

J Scott wrote:
OK - this is really an amateur mes up - I was trying to alter a page and ended up deleting the majority of it, and I guess the page saved itself b/c when i hit 'closed' it just closed and didn't give me a chance to say 'don't save'. I haven't started to use the 'SCM' yet so I can't go there. Is there anyway to get that page back as it was say, yesterday?
Ugh! - Thanks!
Posté le 10 octobre 2008 - 09:40
Well, I don´t know if this is a real backup, but in the cpl directory are what it seems to be a backup of the procedures you edited.
Also if you have Windows Vista, it does backups automatically, just right click the file, and select properties, you should see a previous version tab, you can choose on those.
Hope it helps.
Andres Sanchez
Monterrey, Mexico
Posté le 10 octobre 2008 - 13:39
In the Backup dir you will find somrting like your_page_mane.bkh and your_page_mane.bkh (automatic WX backup).
just look in the help for "Backup, Automatic Backup (WinDev/WebDev options)"