PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD8 - v312] EAN/UPC-128
[WD8 - v312] EAN/UPC-128
Débuté par Guenter Predl, 29 juin 2004 10:31 - 4 réponses
Posté le 29 juin 2004 - 10:31
Hi friends.
I have some questions regarding EAN-128. (I have to use the BARCODE-control of WD instead of the printer's built-in EAN128 capability - it's nor working properly with this TSC/TEC-printer)
- Does it work for EAN128? I have not seen any detailed instructions to it.
- How to input the control characters like Start-A, Start-B, Start-C, FNC1 .. ?
- If it's fully automatic (no Function 1,2,3) as Raimund implies in a former posting, then, how to handle variable-length AIs (AI = Application Identifier)?
Thanks for your comments and input!
Guenter
Posté le 29 juin 2004 - 12:01
Hi Guenter,
we use CODE 128, but EAN 128 is only a specific use/implementation of CODE 128. Therefore, I believe my answers are also valid for EAN 128.
If I need a character from CODE A I code simple BarcodeCtrl..Value = Charact(3) + "My BC content"
Regarding CODE C my tests did show me that WinDev makes use of CODE C (note that CODE C is only useful for compression of numeric values) if there are least 4 consecutive numeric values in the barcode.
HTH
Raimund
Hi friends.
I have some questions regarding EAN-128. (I have to use the BARCODE-control of WD instead of the printer's built-in EAN128 capability - it's nor working properly with this TSC/TEC-printer)
- If it's fully automatic (no Function 1,2,3) as Raimund implies in a former posting, then, how to handle variable-length AIs (AI = Application Identifier)?
Guenter

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 29 juin 2004 - 12:52
Hi Guenter,
forgot something. EAN 128 is always CODE C and I would say that you have to code the "Datenfeldbegrenzer" direct as Charact(29).
HTH
Raimund
Guenter

Posté le 29 juin 2004 - 14:05
Hi Raimund,
thank you very much for your comment! This helps a lot!
Though, I'm a little surprised about the codes you're using.
Afaik, my EAN-128-book from EAN-Austria says:
Start A = Charact(103)
Start B = Charact(104)
Start c = Charact(105)
Function1 = Charact(102)
Function2 = Charact(97)
Function3 = Charact(96)
Function4 = Charact(101)
So, what are real codes to use for the WinDev Barcode control?
Best regards,
Guenter

Hi Guenter,
we use CODE 128, but EAN 128 is only a specific use/implementation of CODE 128. Therefore, I believe my answers are also valid for EAN 128.
If I need a character from CODE A I code simple BarcodeCtrl..Value = Charact(3) + "My BC content"
Regarding CODE C my tests did show me that WinDev makes use of CODE C (note that CODE C is only useful for compression of numeric values) if there are least 4 consecutive numeric values in the barcode.
HTH
Raimund
Hi friends.
Guenter
Posté le 29 juin 2004 - 14:43
Hello Guenter,
note, that EAN 128 a subset of CODE 128. EA 128 use CODE 128 and there are some defined conventions how to code EAN 128 using CODE 128. There some points in this convention:
a) EAN 128 uses CODE C
b) The first character is FNC1. This is the character to distinguish CODE 128 from EA 128. NOTE: Every barcode returns the same CODE ID for EAN 128 and CODE 128 if you have made the decision to get a CODE ID as prefix.
b) Then comes the data designator
c) Depending on the data designator there are now n2+nn characters
d) c) is repeatable
e) FNC1 is used as separator for variable field length => the result is then in the created barcode a ASCII 29
IMO, WinDev does the same what we have done in our own barcode class in Clarion and it does more, because you don't have to thing about switching to Code A if you need a binary character, or if you want to replace (omtimization) 2 numeric tupels from CODE A + B by 2 characters from CODE C
HTH Raimund
Hi Raimund,
thank you very much for your comment! This helps a lot!
Though, I'm a little surprised about the codes you're using.
Afaik, my EAN-128-book from EAN-Austria says:
Start A = Charact(103)
Start B = Charact(104)
Start c = Charact(105)
Function1 = Charact(102)
Function2 = Charact(97)
Function3 = Charact(96)
Function4 = Charact(101)
So, what are real codes to use for the WinDev Barcode control?
Best regards,
Guenter

Hi Guenter,
HTH
Raimund
Hi friends.
Guenter