PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Analysis / Project Sync (Windev 8.0)
Analysis / Project Sync (Windev 8.0)
Débuté par Alan Ashcraft, 22 juil. 2004 00:26 - 2 réponses
Posté le 22 juillet 2004 - 00:26
Hi Everyone,
What is the best way to sync a project to a modified analysis. I have made some modifications to my analyis such as adding fields to existing tables and even added a new table. I have tried regenerating the analysis and the sync project to analysis option but the new additions do not show up in my project. Short of going to each window and manually adding the new items or completely regenerating the RAD I am at a loss. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Alan
Posté le 22 juillet 2004 - 20:23
Hi Alan,
adding fields, changing some. Of course, you would be really unhappy, if those additions would show up on your windows - and destroy the work done.
Warning! Do not do a partial RAD on, say, one additional file within your existing project! WD will generate the windows needed, but will delete and overwrite the 'menu.wdw' too. No questions asked, it overwrites menu.wdw - any changes to menu.wdw are gone after that. There is no way to use another name for menu, because user groupware kind of loves the word 'menu'.
My 'real' project together with its analysis reside in one project.
Whenever I change something, I start a new project with reference to the 'one and only' analysis. Full RAD. Now I can copy or import those control groups or windows which I need. Dont copy wdw-files with windows explorer, because the reference to the images stays to be the 'old' directory. Exporting a window will fix the home of the images to the right directory. Not doing so will give you some surprises when deleting the 'other' directory.
Windev even does not tell you immediately whenever a .wdw-file is located in another directory, it will compile the project, though it will be a little slow to accept changes. Be warned, whenever you apply changes and during test it wouldn't work like expected. Check the 'location' in the window-description, it reveals the windows-location there, the project listing will not show.
Best reagrds,
Guenter

Hi Everyone,
What is the best way to sync a project to a modified analysis. I have made some modifications to my analyis such as adding fields to existing tables and even added a new table. I have tried regenerating the analysis and the sync project to analysis option but the new additions do not show up in my project. Short of going to each window and manually adding the new items or completely regenerating the RAD I am at a loss. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Alan
Posté le 22 juillet 2004 - 21:59
Hi Guenter,
Thanks for the response. I hadn't thought about doing it that way, but it makes sense. Thanks again for the help.
best regards,
Alan
Hi Alan,
adding fields, changing some. Of course, you would be really unhappy, if those additions would show up on your windows - and destroy the work done.
Warning! Do not do a partial RAD on, say, one additional file within your existing project! WD will generate the windows needed, but will delete and overwrite the 'menu.wdw' too. No questions asked, it overwrites menu.wdw - any changes to menu.wdw are gone after that. There is no way to use another name for menu, because user groupware kind of loves the word 'menu'.
My 'real' project together with its analysis reside in one project.
Whenever I change something, I start a new project with reference to the 'one and only' analysis. Full RAD. Now I can copy or import those control groups or windows which I need. Dont copy wdw-files with windows explorer, because the reference to the images stays to be the 'old' directory. Exporting a window will fix the home of the images to the right directory. Not doing so will give you some surprises when deleting the 'other' directory.
Windev even does not tell you immediately whenever a .wdw-file is located in another directory, it will compile the project, though it will be a little slow to accept changes. Be warned, whenever you apply changes and during test it wouldn't work like expected. Check the 'location' in the window-description, it reveals the windows-location there, the project listing will not show.
Best reagrds,
Guenter

Hi Everyone,
Thanks,
Alan