PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Screen related questions
Screen related questions
Débuté par Martin Brekhof, 05 aoû. 2004 01:25 - 6 réponses
Posté le 05 août 2004 - 01:25
I have some more questions if you do not mind:
- Is there a way to change the grid-resolution in the window editor?
- In Delphi I have Panels and Groupboxes (basically a panel with a Title), is there a Windev equivalent?
tia,
Martin
Posté le 05 août 2004 - 03:16
I have some more questions if you do not mind:
- Is there a way to change the grid-resolution in the window editor?
- In Delphi I have Panels and Groupboxes (basically a panel with a Title), is there a Windev equivalent?

Not sure what Panels or Groupboxs are in Delphi, but look in the WD Help for the following keywords:
Plane - Window layer.
Groups (groups controls under one name to consult or modify their characteristics).
Radio button control.
Checkbox control.
Anything close? Also, if you don't already have WD and need the Help files to look them up, go to http://www.windevus.com/WinDev_7_5/In_Depth/in_depth.html and download them. Even tho these are the help files for 7.5 and not 8, it is still probably the easiest way to learn what is in WD without buying the product first.
Art Bonds

WinDevUS website
Posté le 05 août 2004 - 09:30
>Not sure what Panels or Groupboxs are in Delphi
For my purposes the closest thing would be a Rectangle or a Static BUT when anchoring set at (for example) width and height and two or more of these in the same window, they would expand with the window until the border of a neighbouring static/rectangle would be reached.
I have Windev 8 (together with the latest on-line help) and searching for GRID it displays a helppage which (among other things) says: "If the grid spacing is set to 1, the grid won't be visible". My question is: :where do I set this spacing?"
regards,
Martin
Posté le 05 août 2004 - 09:58
Display .. options .. Modify options .. Magnetism

Not sure what Panels or Groupboxs are in Delphi
For my purposes the closest thing would be a Rectangle or a Static BUT when anchoring set at (for example) width and height and two or more of these in the same window, they would expand with the window until the border of a neighbouring static/rectangle would be reached.

I have Windev 8 (together with the latest on-line help) and searching for GRID it displays a helppage which (among other things) says: "If the grid spacing is set to 1, the grid won't be visible". My question is: :where do I set this spacing?"
regards,
Martin
Posté le 05 août 2004 - 10:27
Not sure what Panels or Groupboxs are in Delphi

When I set two rectangles on a window, and set resize options to expand right and down with the window, they can actually overlap each other. I could not get a Static control's text to resize... maybe the control itself did but not the text.
>I have Windev 8 (together with the latest on-line help) and searching for GRID it displays a helppage which (among other things) says: "If the grid spacing is set to 1, the grid won't be visible". My question is: :where do I set this spacing?"
Display..Options..Modify Options (F12), then access the Magnitism tab to adjust the grid size.
I keep thinking what you want is a rectangle (an area for containing other controls) with a Caption on the upper right corner that identifies what is in the rectangle. Imagine the following (without the periods in there to maintain formatting):
-- Caption ----------
.......................|
.......................|
.......................|

----------------------
Is that what you are thinking about?
Posté le 06 août 2004 - 10:39
The 'magnetism' option was what I needed, thanks. What I'm trying to achieve with the 'panels' is that the controls inside the 'panel' will resize when the screen is resized but only to the border of the panel (and doing so will not overlap other controls on the screen).
regards,
Martin
Posté le 06 août 2004 - 11:28
>What I'm trying to achieve with the 'panels' is that the controls inside the 'panel' will resize when the screen is resized but only to the border of the panel (and doing so will not overlap other controls on the screen).
No idea on that one. The only controls I allow being resized is browse/list boxes. Other controls have issues when you try and resize. Text gets disassociated with the button, the entry box gets larger, but the text remains the same, nothing happens with buttons/checkboxes... not sure about the rest, and maybe I am missing something, but...
Art