PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Hasp on Windows 7 64 bit machine
Hasp on Windows 7 64 bit machine
Débuté par John Marrone, 05 mar. 2010 01:01 - 7 réponses
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 01:01
Hi
I just got a new machine. It has windows 7 and is 64 bit. I installed the hasp drivers that I used last time I installed. It says it installed but when I start WinDev it doesn't see the hasp device. I know I am not the first to do this. Also I have WinDev installed on a thumb drive. I don't know if this would make a differance or not. It worked ok with my old machine. I do not think windows 7 even sees the hasp device. With my other machine the hasp device would blink a red flash light. It isn't doing this now. I am dead in the water until I get past this.
I would really be thankful for any help.
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 08:27
John,
I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 and have no problems with it. I did not install the hasp driver, but I installed WinDev. It automatically installs the hasp. Sorry if this doesn't help.
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 08:27
Hi John
just download the latest driver from the aladdin web site and install them, that should do the trick
Best regards
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 11:41
Thanks guys, but I did download the latest version from alladin. Also my Windows 7 version is the professional version. I don't know if that makes a difference. The machine is brand new. There is nothing on it that would cause a conflict or something I would think.
Please give anymore suggestions or thoughts that you may have, Worst comes to worst I will just put XP or Vista on the machine. But would really like to use Windows 7 for the virtual machine feature.
Thanks for any additional help one might offer.
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 11:44
Hi John,
I have Windows 7 Professional on my laptop but only installed the 32 bit version and my HASP key works fine. I understand that I don't get access to the extended memory features of the 64 bit version but I was told that not everything works well with that version so I played it safe and installed the 32 bit version.
Milton
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 12:24
Hi John,
I too installed the 32bit version of Win7 and had no problems - everything should just happen automatically and certainly did for me.
I'd suggest you unplug your USB dongle, uninstall the drivers, re-boot, plug in your dongle and start again - this should force your PC to re-install the drivers (hopefully) :spos:
Also, in case you haven't already, don't forget to try a different USB socket to make sure the one you are using isn't "duff".
HTH...
Posté le 05 mars 2010 - 16:23
Thanks for all the help. Below is a link for the Hasp driver that supports Windows 7. Have not been able to test it yet. Hope this works, will let everyone know later today.(Fri, Mar 5th). Below is the link to the download page.

http://www.aladdin.com/support/hasp/enduser.asp
Posté le 06 mars 2010 - 22:28
For what it is worth the above link is where you would go to download the Windows 7 Hasp drivers that WinDev uses. But now it is more of a runtime version instead of just drivers.
Hope this helps others.