PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Re: [WD7.5] Multi-windowing example
Re: [WD7.5] Multi-windowing example
Débuté par Clive Dickinson, 22 juil. 2003 17:08 - Aucune réponse
Posté le 22 juillet 2003 - 17:08
Sorry Clive,
if you use Clarion with MDI windows, Clarion does behave excactly the same way. There is only ONE way to prevent this behaviour. Don't use the MAXIMIZE attribute in your window.
regards
Raimund

Raimund,
I apologise and defer to your greater knowledge. You are right, as I have just found out. It is just that with Clarion I only put maximise boxes on windows where I want users to have that facility, and so I did not realise that I was controlling the standard MDI behaviour by such means. Which, of course, begs the question, 'Can one control WD windows by similar means?'
I only have version 204ou at present but I have a simple MDI app where a table window calls a form. When I open the table window and maximise then open the form it is not maximised. In fact the user can resize either window independently with the maximise button(icon?). There is an option under window description to turn off the resize capability, but this does not affect the maximise button. The maximise button, system menu and iconise button are not changeable for a MDI child window in Windev, according to the help files.
Thanks Raimund for that information
Clive