PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → W2K or XP
W2K or XP
Débuté par Jordi Bistuer, 25 juil. 2003 16:01 - 1 réponse
Posté le 25 juillet 2003 - 16:01
Hi everybody,
I'm developing with WD5.5 in a W98 environment and I'm thinking to install W2K or XP on my computer but I'm afraid about it, so I have some questions:
- which of these OS is better for develop with WD5.5 ?
- can I make the EXE of my application from W2K or XP for runing on a W98 platform? (my customer won't migrate to W2K or XP by the moment)
Thanks in advance.
Salutacions from Catalonia
Posté le 25 juillet 2003 - 17:04
Hi everybody,
I'm developing with WD5.5 in a W98 environment and I'm thinking to install W2K or XP on my computer but I'm afraid about it, so I have some questions:
- which of these OS is better for develop with WD5.5 ?
- can I make the EXE of my application from W2K or XP for runing on a W98 platform? (my customer won't migrate to W2K or XP by the moment)
Thanks in advance.
Salutacions from Catalonia

Hi Jordi,
both OSs are fine for WD5.5. A small problem starts with WD7.5 and XP, because WinDev 7.5 has some ugly problems with XP-themes at the time being. Btw, the XP-themes can be turned off in the 'display properties', this will not work on the clients computers, of course. You should produce 32-bit programs with WD5.5 only and these should run from Win98 upwards without any problem. Be careful with Win95, there are differences in API calls for the earlier version of W95.
Best regards,
Guenter