PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Addressing multiple monitors
Addressing multiple monitors
Débuté par Chris L, 29 nov. 2004 15:47 - 4 réponses
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 15:47
While I'm in a questionning mood, perhaps I could see if anyone has any experience with directing output to multiple monitors, two initially but more later.
I'm not talking about using WinDev on multiple monitors. I currently use two monitors in the extended desktop configuration and this is great for working with WinDev - main workplace on main screen, kouglof and other panes on second screen.
I want to use two (or more) monitors in an application. The operator will see and work with one screen while the second (and possibly subsequent) screens will be seen by the general public.
I know I can set up multiple screens as I have done for myself, ie as an extended desktop, and then put application windows on this by specifying negative coordinates. However this is very dependent on the type of video card and the configuration of that card. It is not a real solution, certainly not a general solution, to this problem.
My research to date (mainly VB code examples) seems to indicate that I must use "handles" and also define or specify "devices". This low-level stuff is rather beyond my ken so I've had no luck trying to adapt the VB examples to WinDev.
Has anyone any clues about this? Rather than vague generalities (or generalities of any sort), I'd really like to see an actual example of WinDev code to guide me along the way.
Here's hoping!
Chris L
Melbourne, Oz
Posté le 29 novembre 2004 - 20:51
Hello Chris,
Take a look at http://www.realtimesoft.com/ .
Don
Posté le 30 novembre 2004 - 07:12
Hello Chris,
Take a look at http://www.realtimesoft.com/ .
Don

Don
Thanks for the reference. I haven't come across this particular software before. It seems to be more geared to a computer user tweaking monitors on his/her own computer rather than a general application which can be distributed to the general public. However there is some sort of scripting with some VB examples so I'll look further into this to see whether it could be usefully programmed in a WinDev application.
Thanks for your response.
Cheers
Chris L
Melbourne, Oz
Posté le 30 novembre 2004 - 07:57
Hello Chris,
They sell SDK.
Posté le 30 novembre 2004 - 15:36
Hello Chris,
They sell SDK.

I noticed that. However at $US490, it's a bit of an overkill for my current project (and financial situation!).
I've actually downloaded their trial version, which is their standard version, and this seems to work well. Certainly it has rather more functionality than that built into Windows. i may well end up purchasing this version. So many thanks for putting me onto this product.
Chris