PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Retrieve generation number
Retrieve generation number
Débuté par Jordi, 20 déc. 2004 19:46 - 4 réponses
Posté le 20 décembre 2004 - 19:46
Hi everybody,
I would like to retrieve the EXE generation number if it exists.
So, I want to get "a counter" that shows the quantity of times I generated my EXE.
Is this possible?.
Thanks in advance. Regards.
Posté le 20 décembre 2004 - 19:55
Hello Jordi,
I use usally a version like 1.02.0123 during creating of my EXE. I increment the "0123" part for each generation I give away. I can then get with "ExeInfo(exeVersion)" and ExtractString whatever I want.
HTH
Raimund
Hi everybody,
So, I want to get "a counter" that shows the quantity of times I generated my EXE.
Is this possible?.

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 21 décembre 2004 - 13:52
Hello

Executable creation: Choose create executable, enter the main executable options. Click next. Select version number and check “automatically increment the version at each executable creation”.

Retrieve de version number:
VarProgVersion = ExeInfo(exeVersion, Filename)
or
VarProgVersion = ExeInfo(exeVersion, PathAndFilename)

(Sorry by my poor English. I hope this helps.)

Regards,

Henrique
Posté le 22 décembre 2004 - 21:12
>Many thanks Raimund.
I usually do the same but I would like an automatic counter.
This way requires that before an EXE generation I must change the version number and sometimes I forget it.
I don't know if WD keeps this counter for each EXE generation I do.
Thank for your suggestion.
Hello Jordi,
I use usally a version like 1.02.0123 during creating of my EXE. I increment the "0123" part for each generation I give away. I can then get with "ExeInfo(exeVersion)" and ExtractString whatever I want.
HTH
Raimund
Hi everybody,
Is this possible?.
Posté le 23 décembre 2004 - 09:53
Hello Jordi,
in your case I would use then the checkbox "Automatically increment the version at each executable creation". Normally the format of WinDev's version number is "1.00A", but if you replace this with 1.00.0001, WinDev is so smart that the next exe version is 1.00.0002, 1.00.0003 ...
This way you let manage Windev the build (0001)and your part is then the version number (1.00).
Many thanks Raimund.
I usually do the same but I would like an automatic counter.

This way requires that before an EXE generation I must change the version number and sometimes I forget it.
I don't know if WD keeps this counter for each EXE generation I do.
Thank for your suggestion.
Hello Jordi,
HTH
Raimund
Hi everybody,
Is this possible?.

http://www.invitec.com