PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Problem when trying to open acces97 file
Problem when trying to open acces97 file
Débuté par Patrick Thijs, 08 jan. 2005 11:54 - 2 réponses
Posté le 08 janvier 2005 - 11:54
Hello,
i wrote a new version of a program that was originally written in VB 6.0, the original database was in Access97 format, so I wrote an import routine to import the old access file into the new hyperfile version of the database
On the development machine everything works very wel, but when trying to do the import on a client machine, we get this error
Error in Click on btnLoad process, line 6.
HNbRec function called.
OLE DB access error.
Error Number = 170124

Failure opening connection:
Data Source:
OLEDB Provider:
System Error Details:
Description = Kan de voorziening niet vinden. Mogelijk is deze niet juist geïnstalleerd.
Source = ADODB.Connection
Help File = C:\WINNT
MDAC 2.8 is installed on this machine, the machine is running Windows 2000
Any suggestions ?
Best regards,
Patrick

THSP
Posté le 08 janvier 2005 - 13:03
Hello Patrick,
you can use Component Checker (CC.EXE) from MS to find whether there is some wrong with your MDAC installation.
Regards
Raimund
Hello,
i wrote a new version of a program that was originally written in VB 6.0, the original database was in Access97 format, so I wrote an import routine to import the old access file into the new hyperfile version of the database
On the development machine everything works very wel, but when trying to do the import on a client machine, we get this error
HNbRec function called.
OLE DB access error.
Error Number = 170124

Data Source:
OLEDB Provider:
System Error Details:
Description = Kan de voorziening niet vinden. Mogelijk is deze niet juist geïnstalleerd.
Any suggestions ?
Best regards,
Patrick

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 08 janvier 2005 - 14:50
Hello Raimund,
i've found the solution, i've changed the file type in my analysis from Access97 to Access2000 and everything works well now. Access97 needs Jet 3.51, Access 2000 and higher needs Jet4.0. The problem is that MDAC versions higher than version 2.1 don't install Jet 3.51 anymore...
Best regards, and thank you for your help
Patrick
Hello Patrick,
you can use Component Checker (CC.EXE) from MS to find whether there is some wrong with your MDAC installation.
Regards
Raimund
Hello,
HNbRec function called.
OLE DB access error.
Error Number = 170124

Data Source:
OLEDB Provider:
System Error Details:
Any suggestions ?
Best regards,
Patrick

THSP