PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Search across mulitple fields
Search across mulitple fields
Débuté par Brent Siler, 31 mai 2005 00:34 - 4 réponses
Posté le 31 mai 2005 - 00:34
I have a form/table screen with four fileds in the form A,B,C,D. The user needs to be able to put search criteria in any or all of the fields (A,B,C,D) and have the table only show records that meet that criteria. Any one know how to accomplish this or an example of doing a search in a Form/table window?
Thanks
Posté le 31 mai 2005 - 01:00
I have a form/table screen with four fileds in the form A,B,C,D. The user needs to be able to put search criteria in any or all of the fields (A,B,C,D) and have the table only show records that meet that criteria. Any one know how to accomplish this or an example of doing a search in a Form/table window?
Thanks

Hi Brent,
Maybe this can give you an idea.

Everything on the middle-right part of the window is a supercontrol and it contains a local procedure that generically builds a filter string that is then applied to the underlying data source.
I hope this can bring you to some ideas...
Cheers,
Peter

PeHoBe Online
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 22:12
What a great looking interfacce !
Glenn

Thanks
Hi Brent,

Maybe this can give you an idea.

Everything on the middle-right part of the window is a supercontrol and it contains a local procedure that generically builds a filter string that is then applied to the underlying data source.
I hope this can bring you to some ideas...
Cheers,
Peter
Posté le 02 juin 2005 - 00:48
Hi,
You should contact Jonathan Flietstra (jflietstra@kwik-bit.nl). I know that he is developing a kind of Query Wizard. The windev product is very versatile, and you can build multiple-condition queries to filter your tables on the fly. Even memofields can be searched trough and filtered. Query building is done in a very end-user friendly way and can be saved.
regards,
Gerrit Veenendaal
Thanks
Posté le 02 juin 2005 - 09:21
I want to thank you for your suggestions. Gerrit I sent an email to Jonathan. Peter I am studing your design and thoughts thank you for your response and screen shot, it has help to point me in hopefully the right way.
Again, Thanks everyone
Brent