PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Turn sort off
Turn sort off
Débuté par John Marrone, 01 juin 2005 15:38 - 5 réponses
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 15:38
Hi All
I have a table wit about 9 columns. 4 of them are sortable. When I click on one of them it sorts like it should. But I want to turn the sort off and show the records in record order. The only way I can get this to happen so far is to close the form and then open the form again. I tried a button on which I would requery the data for the table in the right order but when the table displays the data it will be in the order of the last column that I clicked on to sort. How can I just turn this sort off. There isn't another column to sort on that would put the records in record order. Can anybody help.
Also: When I click on the column header to sort by that column it sorts it in ascending order. I would like for it to sort in descending order first and not have to click the header twice to get it in descending order. Thanks
John
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 16:14
Here's part of it. Reverse sort.
Right click on the table and look at the properties.
Choose the column.
Go to content.
Alter search item to reverse browse.
Norman
Also: When I click on the column header to sort by that column it sorts it in ascending order. I would like for it to sort in descending order first and not have to click the header twice to get it in descending order. Thanks

http://www.zipzap.co.uk
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 17:28
John,
Have you tried a TableDisplay(tablename,taStart)
after the requery? If this does not work, you may need to release the prior sort with table..BrowsedItem="" .
HTH,
Marc

Hi All
I have a table wit about 9 columns. 4 of them are sortable. When I click on one of them it sorts like it should. But I want to turn the sort off and show the records in record order. The only way I can get this to happen so far is to close the form and then open the form again. I tried a button on which I would requery the data for the table in the right order but when the table displays the data it will be in the order of the last column that I clicked on to sort. How can I just turn this sort off. There isn't another column to sort on that would put the records in record order. Can anybody help.
John
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 18:38
Hi Norman
Once you highlight a column the content tab is then grayed out and not available. Thanks for the reply though.
John
Choose the column.
Go to content.

Norman
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 18:42
Do you mean the auto-identifier and not the record number? You could add the auto-id (if you use it) as an extra numeric column. They would be in record order.
Records can be deleted but be still in the file, so hand-populating a table using records may not be a good idea. They only appear in the table browse because they are active and in the index (or active and in the filter and the index).
Norman
John

http://www.zipzap.co.uk
Posté le 01 juin 2005 - 19:14
Hello John,
I believe the behavior you require would be best if defined at the analysis level - file description -> advanced tab ->browse direction. I believe you can reverse the standard behavior if you start there.
HTH,
Marc
Hi Norman
Once you highlight a column the content tab is then grayed out and not available. Thanks for the reply though.
John
Choose the column.
Go to content.

Norman