PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Use serial port  remote machine
Use serial port remote machine
Débuté par Jotita, 07 juin 2005 22:24 - 5 réponses
Posté le 07 juin 2005 - 22:24
I have developed an application in WinDev8 that uses the serial port COM in order to communicate with the device, but now I need to make the same thing but through LAN, WAN, ETC.., I have to send and receive string codes from/to device in order to activate the device or audit the device, this devices just work by COM port connected to local or remote machine
Anybody know how I can do that.
Posté le 08 juin 2005 - 10:33
We have used a port sharing program with decent results. Search Google ofe one ( or your favourite search engine)
Gill
I have developed an application in WinDev8 that uses the serial port COM in order to communicate with the device, but now I need to make the same thing but through LAN, WAN, ETC.., I have to send and receive string codes from/to device in order to activate the device or audit the device, this devices just work by COM port connected to local or remote machine
Posté le 08 juin 2005 - 10:48
Hello,
two ways to go for you:
A) A driver to share ports (not the best solution)
B) A NPort-Server, which provides a virtual port to you (recommended)
HTH
Raimund

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 10 juin 2005 - 16:21
Hi guys
thanks for your help but I need to use a LAN for instance, and through TCP/IP send the commands to another machine and through the COM port in remote machine
activate o deactivate the device. And that's is my problem I never do that.
thanks again
Posté le 10 juin 2005 - 19:21
Hi Jotita,
that the way a NPort server works
Raimund
Hi guys
thanks for your help but I need to use a LAN for instance, and through TCP/IP send the commands to another machine and through the COM port in remote machine
activate o deactivate the device. And that's is my problem I never do that.
thanks again

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 17 juin 2005 - 17:11
try Network Serial Port Kit
www.fabulatech.com