PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → How to Convert BTRIEVE to FIC ?
How to Convert BTRIEVE to FIC ?
Débuté par Marco Antonio - Brasil, 14 juin 2005 03:29 - 2 réponses
Posté le 14 juin 2005 - 03:29
One new customer call me to install my system, but the main condition is convert your database in btrieve/dos. The problem is that, the original softhouse closed. We dont´t have fonts, or others tools. Some people tell me about FLEXQL, but I can´t found nothing about this.

Any people has any idea ?
Thanks a lot
Marco Antonio
Posté le 14 juin 2005 - 04:58
One new customer call me to install my system, but the main condition is convert your database in btrieve/dos. The problem is that, the original softhouse closed. We dont´t have fonts, or others tools. Some people tell me about FLEXQL, but I can´t found nothing about this.

Thanks a lot
Marco Antonio

Marco,
If all you want to do is extract the data from the Btrieve files you can do so via ODBC, provided you either know the file structure or have a set of ddf files. These are data dictionary files which define the field and index properties of Btrieve files.
hth
Clive
Posté le 14 juin 2005 - 10:08
Marco,
first thing is to find out the version of Btrieve.exe used. If you - from the command line - successfully call BTRIEVE with a minimal command like
BTRIEVE /M:48 /P:4096 CR
it should load and tell you its version. This is important.
After that, find the appropriate BUTIL.EXE program for the same version. If you dont have, I can send.
Next is, to apply a command to each of the datafiles in the directory:
BUTIL -STAT DATAFILE.DAT
Note the page sizes, record sizes and all the other details for each datafile.
If you can find a ddf-file for each of datafiles, you have won the war before it started. If not, you are damned to a trial and error session:
Next one - if no ddfs are present - is to take the datafiles and note all the probable fields in them from screen or report output.
set up a small DOS-program to read the datafiles from start to end and write each record into a 'text' file (there will be binary valuesinside!) withe same name: datafile.txt
Next one: identify the fields in this binary raw data file and read from WinDev.
Regards,
Guenter

Thanks a lot
Marco Antonio