PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Group Development and Remote Development
Group Development and Remote Development
Débuté par Glenn Rathke, 25 juin 2005 17:56 - 5 réponses
Posté le 25 juin 2005 - 17:56
This is pretty much the same problem I was asking before for some help, just re-phrased differently.
Anyone doing remote development using OLEDB and MS SQL Server. I'm interested to know how you can work on a project at two locations each with their own duplicate database (i.e. different serer names). In particular, how do you point to a different server at each location in the IDE.
I found out the easiest thing to do is to just name the servers the same and Live Data then works and so does Synchronization. But if they are not named the same, you can turn noff Live Data, but how can you get Synchronization to work?
Thanks
Glenn
Posté le 27 juin 2005 - 15:27
This is pretty much the same problem I was asking before for some help, just re-phrased differently.
Anyone doing remote development using OLEDB and MS SQL Server. I'm interested to know how you can work on a project at two locations each with their own duplicate database (i.e. different serer names). In particular, how do you point to a different server at each location in the IDE.
I found out the easiest thing to do is to just name the servers the same and Live Data then works and so does Synchronization. But if they are not named the same, you can turn noff Live Data, but how can you get Synchronization to work?
Thanks
Glenn

Try VPN
Posté le 27 juin 2005 - 16:23
Hi,
Thanks for the VPN answer. However, that is not what I'm looking for. I'm needing to work remotely on my laptop, with a duplicate database, disconnected from a network, the internet, etc..
Thanks
Glenn Rathke

Thanks
Glenn
Try VPN
Posté le 27 juin 2005 - 20:12
I guess it's impossible to do what I want, too bad. We have such an excellent development tool and can't switch from one server to another in the IDE.
Here is an explanation from PC-Soft.
At runtime it is easy to switch from one connection to another. However there is no such easy way to do the same in the editor. In such cases, some users prefer to use Hyper File files for developping (local Hyper File) and to switch to the proper database at runtime.
Glenn

Thanks
Glenn
Posté le 28 juin 2005 - 01:01
Hi Glenn
I used to have this prob with MS Access and VS and so I do what u did by renaming my laptop the same as the Co's server that I was doing the work for. This way I could make my one pc network look like theirs! I know its a kkudge, but what else can u do?
I now use HyperOS to provide me with multiple Windows installations on my one laptop, and so each one is for each Co. and set up accordingly
HTH

http://www.objeKtive.com
Posté le 29 juin 2005 - 10:51
It cannot be done automated, unless just one of the dbases (original or copy) is used to make the updates. It is possible, but not without some serious analyses and programming by yourself and/or your colleages. In the application 'NWRS' of New-Way all POS systems stay fully operational when the central Dbase crashes or when they loose connection with the central Dbase, and all modifications will be automaticly updated as soon as the connection reestablishes.
... but it costed a lot of programming.