PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Event Handling for External dll
Event Handling for External dll
Débuté par Jeff Graham, 23 sep. 2005 02:34 - 2 réponses
Posté le 23 septembre 2005 - 02:34
I am trying to integrate VeriFinger fingerprint scanner SDK into WinDev. They have a COM dll which I imported with Workshop->.NET->Use .NET... and the classes show in the Kouglof. However, I can't figure out how to handle the events related to these objects. I get "no compatible syntax" for everything I try using "Even" function.
They do have C++, VB.Net, java, et.al example applications. Would there be a better way to interface with WinDev?
Any examples or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Posté le 03 février 2006 - 17:53
I am trying to integrate VeriFinger fingerprint scanner SDK into WinDev. They have a COM dll which I imported with Workshop->.NET->Use .NET... and the classes show in the Kouglof. However, I can't figure out how to handle the events related to these objects. I get "no compatible syntax" for everything I try using "Even" function.
They do have C++, VB.Net, java, et.al example applications. Would there be a better way to interface with WinDev?

Hi Jeff,
I know this is four months afetr you requested help but anyway....
The way to do this is to use object automation
See the help. It is relatively straightforward to convert VB samples to Windev.
Regards
Bob
Posté le 04 février 2006 - 08:37
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the response. I looked at object automation but I still don't see any way to declare an external event such that when it occurs a WinDev proceedure is executed like ActiveXEvent.
I ended up writing an ActiveX control that calls the dll's and declares an event equivalent to the dll event. That seems to be working. We are trying to receive fingerprint scans without waiting for the scan to occur so that alternate methods can be recognized (barcode scan or keyboard input).
PC Soft did say there was no way to receive an event from a .NET assembly and I believe there is no way to receive an event from an com object. However, I am not highly skilled in VB programming.
Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I know this is four months afetr you requested help but anyway....
The way to do this is to use object automation
See the help. It is relatively straightforward to convert VB samples to Windev.
Regards
Bob