PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WinDev 20 - control is unknown
WinDev 20 - control is unknown
Débuté par Tor-Bjarne, 17 juin 2015 16:12 - 6 réponses
Posté le 17 juin 2015 - 16:12
Hi,

In WinDev 20 I have a window whoes name is Win_LabZ, this has a local procedure called ReadDataBC.
In the procedure ReadDataBC have a statement like:
EDT_Scalebc = msg
After upgrading to WinDev 20 (from v19) I get a
Error at line 47 of Local Procedure ReadDataBC process. The 'EDT_Scalebc' control is unknown. ----- Technical Information ----- Project : LAB-it WL call: Process of 'Local Procedure ReadDataBC' (WIN_LabZ.PROCEDURE.ReadDataBC), line 47, thread 0 What happened? The 'EDT_Scalebc' control is unknown. Error code: 1017 Level: fatal error (EL_FATAL) Dump of the error of 'wd200vm.dll' module (20.0.177.3). Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1017 Additional Information: EIT_PILEWL : Local Procedure ReadDataBC (WIN_LabZ.PROCEDURE.ReadDataBC), line 47 EIT_DATEHEURE : 17/06/2015 16:05:40

I can fix this by issuing a
WIN_LabZ.EDT_Scalebc = msg
but then it fails in the next line where I got a call (using the same variable)
Log_databc(EDT_Scalebc)
That I also can fix by prefixing it with WinLabZ.- But why is this happening now in v20??

The procedure is local to Win_LabZ, and the edit is in the local to win_labz window ?

Is there something that must be switched off in the project pane? (Bugs for example)

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 17 juin 2015 - 16:32
Hi Tor-Bjarne,

did you try simply deleting the cpl directory and do a full new recompile?

Best regards
Posté le 17 juin 2015 - 18:19
Hi Fabrice,

I found a previous post from you regarding one other project where deleting og cpl dir and all env files + recompile, so I did test this with no luck. (Before original posting)

I also did the following:

1. Project => Other => Repair + compile - No luck
2. Ctrl-X on the Control , then Ctrl-v in the same window +recompile - No luck
3. Move the project to a new folder, reopen, reapply to scm + recompile + repaird - No luck
4. +Some oher actions I cant recall :)

Usually I get a "red-error" (I Think) if a control is used outside it`s scope/ window but there`s none.

There`s a lot of screen fields in the code, and it seems like it going to be a lot of work if I have to prefix every/a lot of the controls with the window name. Is there a way to Re-generate the app from scratch or textfiles or something?

cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 17 juin 2015 - 18:25
Hi,

Surely this must be a bug, especially if you are referring to a Local Procedure as your error message suggests?Have you reported it to PCS?

I've purchased WD20 and I'm now seriously concerned about "downgrading" to WD20 if this is the case! :eek:
Posté le 17 juin 2015 - 19:18
Hi Darren,

I have a lot of small WD19 projects/apps I`m now in the proccess of upgrading to WD20:

I have a feeling,... not hard proof,.. that there`s something wrong/strange with the Upgrade Project routine (and some small bugs),.

But the App`s that get converted "as-normal", seems a bit faster in execution. So I`m actually happy with WD20, but these "strange things" is a bit frustrating since they happen on already working code.

I Converted a app that hit a GPF on first run, no explanation, no offending code no nothing.
Then I did a tedious debug , step by step:

pc_e is OrgElement Trace("Line below will eventually kill the app, and "can" make the remainder use 100% of cpu") pc_e.BackgroundImage = IMG_bg1 s is string s = "New group" pc_e.Title = s pc_e.ToolTip = "Klikk her for å lage ny gruppe" pc_e.Note = " Lager ny kundegruppe" pc_e.ID = "-1" WHEN EXCEPTION IN //Here we go...bye bye ... hello gpf nTopNode2 is int = OrgAdd(ORGA_NoName1,pc_e) DO Info("I am not able to catch exception or am I?",ExceptionInfo()) //<<-- Never get here.. END
Another working App (v19), did after startup (and convertion to WD20) eated all my memeory before GPF. I managed to solve it (and sorry to say I do not recall what I did to reduce memory leak I tried a lot, and lost track ..) - But no error, no, no error in line xx jost empty memory then gpf.

As for the problem with my LAB-it App, I forgot to mention that the ReadBC (Readbarcode) routine handles data from a RS323 device (Sopen)

Show a bigger Picture from WIndev & Error

The actuall control on Win_LabZ

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 22 juin 2015 - 10:53
Hi,

After upgrading to WinDev 20 66r my "control is unknown" problem(bug) was gone :)

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Posté le 19 avril 2024 - 23:34
Very helpful, thank you very much.