PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Convert my apps from V8 to V9
Convert my apps from V8 to V9
Débuté par Teun van Unen, 03 oct. 2005 19:03 - 1 réponse
Posté le 03 octobre 2005 - 19:03
Hello,
I have made the decision to start with V9 and use the V8 manuals .
I have already developed some trial projects and a lot of commercial programs to convert Pervasive files via ODBC to HyperFile.
What's the best way to get these projects in V9?
The way Alan Jenkins wrote (28 may 2004) on my question to use the V7.5 examples in V8 :
-We have found the best way is to create a new project, in say WD8, giving it the name you require. Then import all elements from the old project using Files..Import. The final step is to copy the project code from the old project and paste it into the project code of the new project.- ??
Or another, maybe better or faster, way ?
TIA,
Teun.
Posté le 03 octobre 2005 - 22:28
Hello Teun,
We have converted a lot of project to version 9. Our general steps are:
a) Make a copy of your project
b) Open the original version of your project (note that WD 9 will ask you if classes not local to your project directory are found; in this case WD will create a directory "Version9" below such class directories.
c) Compile and test your project
d) Delete the copy of your project (note, that WD9 will create too a Backup8 directory.
HTH
Raimund
Hello,
I have made the decision to start with V9 and use the V8 manuals .
I have already developed some trial projects and a lot of commercial programs to convert Pervasive files via ODBC to HyperFile.
What's the best way to get these projects in V9?
The way Alan Jenkins wrote (28 may 2004) on my question to use the V7.5 examples in V8 :
-We have found the best way is to create a new project, in say WD8, giving it the name you require. Then import all elements from the old project using Files..Import. The final step is to copy the project code from the old project and paste it into the project code of the new project.- ??
Or another, maybe better or faster, way ?
TIA,
Teun.

http://www.invitec.com