PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Windev9 project back to Windev8?
Windev9 project back to Windev8?
Débuté par Bob Stratton, 05 oct. 2005 01:23 - 2 réponses
Posté le 05 octobre 2005 - 01:23
Hi,
I have a project written in WD9 that I would like to move back to WD8. Can this be done easily? if so, how??
TIA
Bob
Posté le 05 octobre 2005 - 11:32
Hi,
I have a project written in WD9 that I would like to move back to WD8. Can this be done easily? if so, how??
TIA
Bob

Hi Bob,
there are two options.
1) If the project is small enough you can open WD8 + WD9 simultaneously and manually copy the bits and pieces of your application back to WD8. It works but its a lot of work in case your product is more than medium-sized.
2) If you took the project from WD8 to WD9 originally, WinDev 9 made an automatic backup of the WD8-project. You will find the original WD8-project in directory ProjectName.wd8 of the wd9-project. If you did a lot of work in the WD9-version already, you'd have to copy all your additions manually. So, if 100 windows are the same and only 10 windows were changed after the move to WD9, it's better to copy those 10.
My nosy question: What makes you moving back?
Kind regards,
Guenter
Posté le 05 octobre 2005 - 17:39
Hi Guenter,
I just feel a little more comfortable with WD8 as it is a released product. Also apparently there are a few small performance advantages with WD8.
In light of what you have said, it looks like I will have to stick with WD9. I have done a lot of work on my current project in WD9.
Thanks for your help.
Bob

Hi,
TIA
Bob
Hi Bob,

there are two options.
1) If the project is small enough you can open WD8 + WD9 simultaneously and manually copy the bits and pieces of your application back to WD8. It works but its a lot of work in case your product is more than medium-sized.
2) If you took the project from WD8 to WD9 originally, WinDev 9 made an automatic backup of the WD8-project. You will find the original WD8-project in directory ProjectName.wd8 of the wd9-project. If you did a lot of work in the WD9-version already, you'd have to copy all your additions manually. So, if 100 windows are the same and only 10 windows were changed after the move to WD9, it's better to copy those 10.
My nosy question: What makes you moving back?
Kind regards,
Guenter