PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WD8: Declaring an analisys
WD8: Declaring an analisys
Débuté par Gianni Spano, 01 nov. 2005 20:04 - 2 réponses
Posté le 01 novembre 2005 - 20:04
Hello to all
I'm developing an application that has .exe as main menu and the single programs are stored in various .WDL files.
The Main menu contains the connection to a Mysql database, where i read the menu references from a table, that contains the program titles, window names etc etc. When i select to execute/run an application (calling them with the ExecuteProcess function), i receive an error message saying that the application doesn't find the analisys...(in the main menu??)
The analisys is stored in each single .WDL and during the tests they run fine.
But once i generate the executable (main menu) and the libraries (.WDL), then i try to call a program, the runtime tell me that the analisys is missing...Why?
But (another test) if i include all the analisys used in the .WDL files into the main menu project, then the program run fine..
My question: Why i need to declare ALL the analisys used (and already declared) in differents .WDL files also in the main menu? Are not they independent from the main .exe?..
I need to resolve this trouble, because i have a unique main menu, where i can load/run the application stored in different .WDL files..I have different customers that have different versions of the same programs.
Actually i use the same approach with Netcobol for windows.
In the netcobol version of the same application, i have a single .EXE (the main menu) and different .DLL files (one for each program), that are declared in a .ini file or in a database table and when the main menu is executed, it read these references and create the menu items with their references.
I think i'm missing somethings...Can someone help me to resolve this problem?
Thanks and regards
Gianni
P.S. sorry for my bad english, hoping what i described is correct.
Posté le 01 novembre 2005 - 20:47
Gianni
If you have WD8 FR there is an example which, if I have understood you correctly, could help you as it loads a different .WDL file dependant on a menu selection made in the main application.
The difference (problem ?) is that in this example all .exe share a common analysis.
Just a WAG but could you either change your connection or open a different analysis in the project init of the .exe you call.
Regards
DerekT
Hello to all
I'm developing an application that has .exe as main menu and the single programs are stored in various .WDL files.
The Main menu contains the connection to a Mysql database, where i read the menu references from a table, that contains the program titles, window names etc etc. When i select to execute/run an application (calling them with the ExecuteProcess function), i receive an error message saying that the application doesn't find the analisys...(in the main menu??)
But once i generate the executable (main menu) and the libraries (.WDL), then i try to call a program, the runtime tell me that the analisys is missing...Why?
But (another test) if i include all the analisys used in the .WDL files into the main menu project, then the program run fine..
My question: Why i need to declare ALL the analisys used (and already declared) in differents .WDL files also in the main menu? Are not they independent from the main .exe?..
I need to resolve this trouble, because i have a unique main menu, where i can load/run the application stored in different .WDL files..I have different customers that have different versions of the same programs.
In the netcobol version of the same application, i have a single .EXE (the main menu) and different .DLL files (one for each program), that are declared in a .ini file or in a database table and when the main menu is executed, it read these references and create the menu items with their references.
Thanks and regards
Gianni
Posté le 02 novembre 2005 - 09:48
Hello

Thanks for your suggestions, but it is not exactly what i want to do..
Sorry, probably it depends from my not clear explanation.
I will try to add more informations:
- I have an application with a main menu and a series of different .wdl files
Each .wdl files is the same program, but with different contents, because of
customer requirements.
- Suppose i have a BOAT90AYY.WDL and BOAT90POS.WDL (AYY and POS are my customers ID). These programs are theoretically the same, except for some differents tables in the database, that, of course, requires a different analisys.
Now, following the Piet suggestions, i have to create a main menu including, each time, the analisys that contains the customer references, that are not the same has the 2nd customer. I think using this way i have to generate a different version of the same main menu, because of the different programs.
This is not a good choice.
What i would like to do is, to create a main menu that contains only the database connection, then each time i call a program (a single .wdl), load and run it. As i exposed in my previous post, the analisys is included in each .WDL file (that contains ONLY the tables used in this program), then i think it is not necessary to include them again in the main menu.
For your information, each .WDL file is a single project.
I need to follow to way, because of the different customers versions.
Hope to have explained well my needed.
Tips and tricks are very appreciated...always!!
Thanks
Gianni

Gianni
If you have WD8 FR there is an example which, if I have understood you correctly, could help you as it loads a different .WDL file dependant on a menu selection made in the main application.
The difference (problem ?) is that in this example all .exe share a common analysis.
Just a WAG but could you either change your connection or open a different analysis in the project init of the .exe you call.
Regards
DerekT
Hello to all
Thanks and regards
Gianni