PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Moving a project from one computer to another
Moving a project from one computer to another
Débuté par Steve Erts, 02 nov. 2005 19:59 - 3 réponses
Posté le 02 novembre 2005 - 19:59
Hello,
Could anyone provide me with the steps for moving a windev 8 project from one computer to another?
I was under the assumption that if I exported the project and it's dependencies and copied that and the Analysis (.wda) onto a cd I'd them be able to rebuild the project on another computer. However, I am getting an error when trying to create a new project on the second computer when inicating that I'd be be using an existing analysis. Windev tells me that the Analysis is not valid.
Short of copying the entire project directory from one computer to another is there a "best practice" for copying projects from one computer to another?
Thanks!
Posté le 03 novembre 2005 - 00:00
Hi Steve:
I copy the entire project directory.
Guillermo

Hello,
Could anyone provide me with the steps for moving a windev 8 project from one computer to another?
I was under the assumption that if I exported the project and it's dependencies and copied that and the Analysis (.wda) onto a cd I'd them be able to rebuild the project on another computer. However, I am getting an error when trying to create a new project on the second computer when inicating that I'd be be using an existing analysis. Windev tells me that the Analysis is not valid.
Short of copying the entire project directory from one computer to another is there a "best practice" for copying projects from one computer to another?
Thanks!
Posté le 03 novembre 2005 - 01:01
Hi Steve,
1) simply copy the subdirectory to a CD/DVD
2) on the other computer, simply copy the project to any convenient place
3) remove the read-only attribute of that directory
4) start the project with WinDev. It will detect the move and will redirect everything inside of your project automatically. Takes some seconds.
That's it.
Kind regards,
Guenter

Hello,
Thanks!
Posté le 03 novembre 2005 - 01:21
thanks guys. the main problem I was having was with the size of the directory as the project has gotten quite large. After doing some research I figured out what stuff I could delete to get it down to a managable size. There was a lot of space being taken up by back up files apparently created anytime the analysis was changed.