PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Adressing Printer tray 2 and 3
Adressing Printer tray 2 and 3
Débuté par Stephan Wiestner (swissstephan), 17 nov. 2005 22:32 - 5 réponses
Posté le 17 novembre 2005 - 22:32
Hi all
Probabely a silly question, but I'm still learning.
I have a report created by the reportwriter and I start it with IPrintReport().
This report(invoice) has following speciality. The first page has to be printed on paper from tray 1 the second page until one before the last (not always same number of pages) has to be printed on paper from tray 2 and the last has to be printed on paper from tray 3. I read in the manual that the function iconfigure() probabely does the job, but I have no idead where i have to put the code. Any help, please!
Posté le 18 novembre 2005 - 16:16
Hellp Stephan,
you can use a report with three internal reports. Do a iParameter(iPaperSource, YourTray) should do the job. Note, that this syntax is only avaiable witin WD9. With WD8 you have to use iParameter("PAPERSOURCE=" + YourTray)
HTH
Raimund

Hi all
This report(invoice) has following speciality. The first page has to be printed on paper from tray 1 the second page until one before the last (not always same number of pages) has to be printed on paper from tray 2 and the last has to be printed on paper from tray 3. I read in the manual that the function iconfigure() probabely does the job, but I have no idead where i have to put the code. Any help, please!

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 18 novembre 2005 - 17:46
Hello Raimund
thanks for your fast answer, but I can't separate the report(I think). It's one Invoice with several orderlines, the first page is on a paper with the company logo (tray 1) the other ones are just the next orderlines on paper with no company logo (tray 2) and the last one is a paying card? (Einzahlungsschein)(tray 3) with the total amount of the postions before. The paying card? I defined in the Report footer. Is there a way to change Papersource before I print it? Kind regards Stephan

Hellp Stephan,
you can use a report with three internal reports. Do a iParameter(iPaperSource, YourTray) should do the job. Note, that this syntax is only avaiable witin WD9. With WD8 you have to use iParameter("PAPERSOURCE=" + YourTray)
HTH
Raimund

Hi all
Posté le 18 novembre 2005 - 19:23
Hi Stephan
I have had this same problem with other dev env, and after wasting many days almost achieving the desired results, I went down the route of printing the whole thing out, logo and all, but you have to have the customers’ permission and the printer quality has to be good. In the long run my customer saved money, and the report was very flexible for changes
But I think you won’t like this way, so my other method was the old way! You just have to forget the band report writer, and program your own report line by line counting the lines printed etc and chaining them, thereby giving you the capability to set the feed tray and all the other parameters. I have not yet done this in WD

http://www.objeKtive.com
Posté le 18 novembre 2005 - 20:42
Try putting this in the page end block -post print
switch ipagenum()
case 2
iparameter("PaperSource=mytray2")
case 3
iparameter("PaperSource=mytray3")
end
You can use the wd wizard to set the paper source.
HTH
bert
Hello Raimund
thanks for your fast answer, but I can't separate the report(I think). It's one Invoice with several orderlines, the first page is on a paper with the company logo (tray 1) the other ones are just the next orderlines on paper with no company logo (tray 2) and the last one is a paying card? (Einzahlungsschein)(tray 3) with the total amount of the postions before. The paying card? I defined in the Report footer. Is there a way to change Papersource before I print it? Kind regards Stephan

Hellp Stephan,
HTH
Raimund

Hi all
Posté le 21 novembre 2005 - 12:01
Hello Stephan,
I don't mean three different reports, my solution was one report an d three internal reports.
HTH
Raimund
Hello Raimund

Hellp Stephan,
HTH
Raimund

Hi all

http://www.invitec.com