PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → windev9
windev9
Débuté par massimo, 21 déc. 2005 10:42 - 5 réponses
Posté le 21 décembre 2005 - 10:42
Hi,
I need to implement many windows, with data entry fields and buttons "previous" and "next".
I.e.:

Window-1 Window-2 ..... Window-m

Entry field-1-1 Entry field-2-1 ..... Entry field-m-1
Entry field-1-2 Entry field-2-1 ..... Entry field-m-2
...... ....... ..... .......
entry field-1-n Entry field-2-1 ..... Entry field-m-n

Next(1) -> <-Previous Next-> .....
I will to preserve the entry-fields values, until, in the last windows, i push the "Ok" button.
I tried with "planes" in a window, but, in the design phase, all is very confused, because i see always all the planes.....
What the best way?
And..."internal windows" ???
Thanks, massimo
Posté le 22 décembre 2005 - 09:28
Hi Massimo,
I think tabs are what you are looking for.
hth,
Clive
Posté le 22 décembre 2005 - 09:28
Massimo
In your 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons increase or decrease the window plane level -- MyWindow++ or MyWindow--.
To place a control on a plane -- right click the control, select 'assign to plane' and choose the plane you require.
To navigate between planes use pgup and pgdn buttons.
Regards
DerekT
Hi,
I need to implement many windows, with data entry fields and buttons "previous" and "next".
I.e.:

Next(1) -> <-Previous Next-> ..... >
I will to preserve the entry-fields values, until, in the last windows, i push the "Ok" button.
I tried with "planes" in a window, but, in the design phase, all is very confused, because i see always all the planes.....
What the best way?
Thanks, massimo
Posté le 22 décembre 2005 - 11:15
Hi Massimo,
I think tabs are what you are looking for.
hth,
Clive

thanks, Clive and Merry Christmas!
Posté le 22 décembre 2005 - 11:15
Thanks, Derek and Merry Christmas

Massimo
In your 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons increase or decrease the window plane level -- MyWindow++ or MyWindow--.
To place a control on a plane -- right click the control, select 'assign to plane' and choose the plane you require.
Regards
DerekT
Hi,
I.e.:

Next(1) -> <-Previous Next-> ..... >>
What the best way?
Thanks, massimo
Posté le 22 décembre 2005 - 16:13
Thanks, Derek and Merry Christmas

Massimo
Regards
DerekT
Hi,
I.e.:

Next(1) -> <-Previous Next-> ..... >>>
What the best way?
Thanks, massimo

Can't resist adding my comment here.
In my opinion, planes are one of the most useful features of WinDev. Each plane acts like a separate window with all the controls you want: entry fields, tables, graphs, images, etc. However, it operates so much more quickly and efficiently than separate windows. I've now changed some of my applications to cut out the subsidiary windows and just change planes instead, all in a single window.
Derek has set you on the right track. What you see first of all is plane 0 which is in fact a background layer. Anything, any controls at all, on this plane will be visible all the time, no matter what plane you may be on. I typically put a sidebar for navigation on this plane. If you press the PageDown key (when you're working on a window in your application, you'll advance to the next plane and you'll see the plane number appear as a numeral in the top right of your screen. Whatever controls you put on planes 1-999 will only be visible when you make that particular plane visible. The planes become visible by programming. For instance a button with the code 'MyWindow..plane = 3' will take you to plane 3. You can also set up standard 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons (or whatever you want to call them) with just one piece of code 'MyWindow..Plane++' and 'MyWindow..Plane--' as Derek suggests.
Planes are very useful and the more you use them, the more you'll do with them.
Chris L
Melbourne, Oz