PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → File Locking
File Locking
Débuté par david egan, 27 jan. 2006 08:01 - 2 réponses
Posté le 27 janvier 2006 - 08:01
I come from a programming background where we have had to specifically lock a file, save the changes and then unlock it. Windev appears to handle this automatically, only reporting an error if it can't lock the file (presumably after a pre-defined period has lapsed). Is this correct and is it reliable? I am currently not doing anything to control locking and I guess because of my background I just feel a little uneasy about it. Should I be doing anything else or can I just forget about it?
Thanks
David
Posté le 27 janvier 2006 - 17:54
>I come from a programming background where we have had to specifically lock a file, save the changes and then unlock it. Windev appears to handle this automatically, only reporting an error if it can't lock the file (presumably after a pre-defined period has lapsed).

Hello David,
File locking aspects in Windev are the same as in other current Windows databases. You only need it when you need exclusive access to the data, be it to guarantee data integrity or to execute maintenance jobs.
The only exception I know is SQLite which apears to lock the whole database for each transaction.

Regards
Mat
Posté le 30 janvier 2006 - 11:08
>I come from a programming background where we have had to specifically lock a file, save the changes and then unlock it. Windev appears to handle this automatically, only reporting an error if it can't lock the file (presumably after a pre-defined period has lapsed).

Hello David,
File locking aspects in Windev are the same as in other current Windows databases. You only need it when you need exclusive access to the data, be it to guarantee data integrity or to execute maintenance jobs.
The only exception I know is SQLite which apears to lock the whole database for each transaction.

Regards
Mat